• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Possible new fk8

Hi all

I used to be a regular on the forum when I owned a ep3 about 10 years later and a few cars I am thinking of purchasing a fk8. A few quick questions should I look to buy from a Honda dealer or will a second hand car dealership suffice? Also anything I should look out for I am looking at a 2017 car.

Thanks
Omar

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all

I used to be a regular on the forum when I owned a ep3 about 10 years later and a few cars I am thinking of purchasing a fk8. A few quick questions should I look to buy from a Honda dealer or will a second hand car dealership suffice? Also anything I should look out for I am looking at a 2017 car.

Thanks
Omar
Maybe i can help,

Just bought a 17 plate fk8 from a honda dealer myself.

Def get one with unmarked alloys as refurbed alloys lose the red trim that goes around the wheel. Check that the gears are smooth amd especially 5th from 4th.

Check caliper paint is good as mine was a bit discoloured.

It's a great car and so much fun to drive and i love the way it looks!

I came from an fn2 and it is a massive upgrade

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I also went from an EP3 to an FK8. There great cars.
Echo what is said above.
I got the dealer to rebferb my alloys and they kept the red stripe.
Check for gearbox lockout 3rd to 4th and 5th to 4th.
Also might be worth checking the rear lights for condensation as this was an issue on early cars.
Got into the headunit and check when it's due a service as well . You may get your dealer to throw in at least and oil and filter change as part of your negotation ( like I did. ).
Check front tyres for wear and buldges as the continental tyres that there on are quite soft so don't last past 5-7k normally.

You'll love the FK8. It's a great car.
Good luck on your hunting for one.

Hi Omar

In addition to the above, check next to the boot hinges for rust where the welding seams join. Its not a massive issue, and not a deal breaker, but might allow you to get money off. I have it, not a problem, but some got it fixed on warranty and was a ball ache I didn't bother with. Might not be an issue for selling onto a dealer but maybe for those 'in the know'

17 plates are demo cars, can be an issue or not, depending on your attitude, well bedded in or ragged from cold :lol:

Check the gearbox, then check the gearbox and after you've finished check the gearbox again. As its a 17 car, should be fine.

White hides swirls and chips

I have had all four of my alloys refurbished and kept the red rim. It can be done, just costs a bit more.

A superb job from Demon Wheels in Preston.

Cheers

I have had all four of my alloys refurbished and kept the red rim. It can be done, just costs a bit more.

A superb job from Demon Wheels in Preston.

Cheers
How much was it mate? For future reference!

It was £550 for the four wheels. I think it was £75 per wheel to reinstate the red rim, they were effectively painting twice.

Cheers

It was £550 for the four wheels. I think it was £75 per wheel to reinstate the red rim, they were effectively painting twice.

Cheers
Thanks and good to know. Place near me were quoting £420 for all 4 but I'd lose the red strip. Thankfully had my fk8 come with 4 new alloys.

Enjoy mate

Back