• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 SPA Francoshamps 20th March 2021 - Curcit Days

McR

Good Evening Peeps.

I have booked Spa for Sat 20th March 2021 - if there is any interest.

https://circuit-days.co.uk/spa-francorchamps-view-event-200

Head out on the Friday early afternoon, hotel nr circuit Friday, track day Sat, probably same hotel Sat eve and then home Sunday. Or extend by one day and up to the Ring for a couple of laps.

I'm only booking the track day at this point as all will be CV19 dependant so will firm the bookings closer to the time.

If there are any FK8 friends that would like to go or any Type R that would be cool.

Would have posted in the meets section but can't seem to for some reason - maybe CV19, Gates, Icke, shut it down.

Eek - may need to spell check that thread title - oh well.

I used drive la source through Eau rouge on to Kemmel flat in my Elise, had time to make a cup of tea, with a 170bhp engine it used to run out of puff, did around 2m 55 a lap iirc. You’ll need to lift I’d have thought in the FK8 but will feel the downforce for sure, Pouhon is the best corner and Blanchimont is committed.

I really must get out on track next year.

I’m going to the later date, September I think it is. I could potentially be moving house March time.

I’ve only been to look at it on way to the Ring, not driven it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion it is a better ‘circuit’ than the The Ring, it just flows better, proper fast track though, real ball clenched in places. Be careful it is incredibly slippy in the wet much like Silverstone, March it will most likely start foggy and cold with a damp line.

You won’t let this point go will you :D

No because that’s every owners retort when another hot hatch comes to the market “but the fk8 is still the fastest at the RiNG”. From what I observe on that Facebook page most 8’s are show ponies so it is refreshing to see Mcr using his for what it was made for.

Also spa is one of the best out there and I definitely prefer it to the riNg.

No because that’s every owners retort when another hot hatch comes to the market “but the fk8 is still the fastest at the RiNG”. From what I observe on that Facebook page most 8’s are show ponies so it is refreshing to see Mcr using his for what it was made for.

Also spa is one of the best out there and I definitely prefer it to the riNg.

Course, we go to the one thing in our Armory! When we inevitably get beaten on the drag strip or loose as a drivers car to a pesky 3 door thingy, we sit the children down and start "once a upon a time on a private toll road far from here..."

Back