• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Replacement battery

lsk

Hey everyone, I unexpectedly bought a 2016 FK2 earlier this year from Crown Honda, and need some advice as someone who isn't overly familiar in the car scene.

My battery went flat for the second time a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't manage to jump it. I was about 50 miles from Crown Honda and the local dealership wouldn't come out to replace the battery, so I ended up calling the AA who fitted a Bosch battery. The guys from the AA and Honda that I spoke to both said it doesn't make a difference which battery is in the car in terms of performance, but the blue Bosch battery certainly doesn't look as good as the black Honda one! My question is - how important is it to have a genuine Honda battery (I assume when selling it would be an advantage) and if it is, would you suggest I change it now or wait until I come to sell it?

Apologies if this seems like a silly question, I just want to make sure I keep maintaining it as best I can, considering there is a full Honda service history.

Thanks in advance!

No difference at all. As long it has the same terminals and is the same rating as the old one for the purposes of the stop start system , no issues at all.

Back