• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Back again Red FK8

Back again with a second Type R the old one being a pre facelift EP3 which I owned for around 4 years was previously on here before with that too.

After the EP3 I ended up buying a diesel Focus ST which I originally planned on using as the main car and cover the miles, this ended up not being the case as I got bored of driving it very quickly and only ended up covering around 4-5k a year in it, so this is where I planned on buying something to give me the excitement back and with having two young kids needed the size to, looked for a while at other cars like the Gold R, S3, I30N and Octavia VRS but none of them did it for me at all, so back to Honda I went.

Eyed this FK8 up for around 2 weeks then during the second lockdown made a few phone calls and managed to get a deal on it and picked it up 9 days later, best purchase made for a long time best car I've ever owned and always loved Hondas.

I know i posted when i brought this originally but though I'd make one in the right category.

not got loads of pictures yet as been to busy working and the weather has been pants so I'll update when I can.

Hopefully the links to the pictures work properly

Previous Focus
20190211_140737 by Sam Tipping Brown, on Flickr
20201011_154100 by Sam Tipping Brown, on Flickr
20201127_115529 by Sam Tipping Brown, on Flickr
20201217_102431 by Sam Tipping Brown, on Flickr
20201217_102702 by Sam Tipping Brown, on Flickr
20201124_014433 by Sam Tipping Brown, on Flickr

Edit just added a photo I forgot about

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! Need more pics haha! Liking the boot divider. I bought a boot mat from cox motors but def need some dividers for shopping..etc

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Congratulations! Need more pics haha! Liking the boot divider. I bought a boot mat from cox motors but def need some dividers for shopping..etc

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Cheers bud can't beat the feel of being back in a Honda.

The Mrs brought it for Christmas as my work boots get filthy and hate the mess it makes on the carpet in the boot. It wasn't cheap but worth it tbh. Just need to get another little detailing bag to keep some cleaning stuff in

Yay you got the hang of the pics :D

Had a couple of FN2s,an FK2 & currently have the FK8 but never had an EP3 Type R :mrgreen:

We had a 2005 Civic Sport in Milano Red with the upgraded 17" Penta wheels :D

Must seem huge next to the EP3 :lol:

Yay you got the hang of the pics :D

Had a couple of FN2s,an FK2 & currently have the FK8 but never had an EP3 Type R :mrgreen:

We had a 2005 Civic Sport in Milano Red with the upgraded 17" Penta wheels :D

Must seem huge next to the EP3 :lol:

Haha yeah I looked into it more and realised where the URL was.

The ep3s are great fun had yellowpseed cpilovers FRSU stoptech BBK and all sorts was really good fun to drive on the country roads especially in summer.

The FK8 is totally different lol far more refined and comfy but I prefer bigger cars tbh probably with driving lorries all the time.

I'd still love to get an ep3 for a track car just haven't got the funds for it all atm

Sorted insurance out yesterday as it was renewal day. Was with greenlght for a few years they wanted 670 just renewed it at 450 with quote me happy not to shabby at all

After a bit of thought decided to order a remus exhaust with the sound controller then went for an injen evolution induction kit... thought I'd stop there but car will be going stage 1 at tdi north same day it gets the exhaust fitted, will certainly be interesting to see and feel the results

After a bit of thought decided to order a remus exhaust with the sound controller then went for an injen evolution induction kit... thought I'd stop there but car will be going stage 1 at tdi north same day it gets the exhaust fitted, will certainly be interesting to see and feel the results
Look forward to hearing how it drives. I've ordered the stage 3 Acuity short shifter. Looking forward to getting that fitted. Also need a new clutch at some point!

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk

Look forward to hearing how it drives. I've ordered the stage 3 Acuity short shifter. Looking forward to getting that fitted. Also need a new clutch at some point!

Will certainly update when its done just waiting for him to give me a date to get booked in. Cars in for MOT later today then need to get it serviced soon to.

What mileage are you on needing a new clutch?

Will certainly update when its done just waiting for him to give me a date to get booked in. Cars in for MOT later today then need to get it serviced soon to.

What mileage are you on needing a new clutch?
40k mate. I was also surprised but bought second hand so never know how it was driven before me

Probably been ragged around, how much is it costing if you don't mind me asking?
The more I think about it the less I feel this issue is the clutch and more likely the pedal, master or slave cylinder.

I may just book it in with Honda with the hope that it's not the clutch and that the other work will be covered under warranty.

Honda said £815 if clutch needs replacing otherwise it will be sorted under warranty

The more I think about it the less I feel this issue is the clutch and more likely the pedal, master or slave cylinder.

I may just book it in with Honda with the hope that it's not the clutch and that the other work will be covered under warranty.

Honda said £815 if clutch needs replacing otherwise it will be sorted under warranty

Possibly, weol hopefully they will do it all under warranty, I certainly wouldn't be letting honda replace my clutch for that price though haha

Induction kit came the other day, nice noticeable turbo noise now, still waiting for delivery of the exhaust hopefully this week coming and car is now booked in for stage one with TDI north though

Went to TDI north this morning to get the remus fitted and stage 1 map. Over the moon with the results ran 394.9. Perfect combination with the remus and the jnjen evolution will post pictures later

Went to TDI north this morning to get the remus fitted and stage 1 map. Over the moon with the results ran 394.9. Perfect combination with the remus and the jnjen evolution will post pictures later
Wow great figures. How does it feel to drive with the extra power? Still feel like stock?

Wow great figures. How does it feel to drive with the extra power? Still feel like stock?

Was not expecting those figures at all, he come out of the car with a massive smile on his face.

Totally transformed the car it pulls pretty much the whole way through and the torque increase is amazing.
Before they felt a little flat mid range but I'm glad I've done it, only downside the power is addictive so I think I've averaged about 15-20mpg in the last day or so haha

Back