• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Do fk8 get stolen?

Hi everyone.
Just joined up as I am seriously considering an FK8 CTR as my next car.
Being doing loads of research and it seems an FK8 would be a great addition to the driveway!
One slightly worrying thing is the number of posts I have seen about them being stolen. For those who have been on the forums longer than me does it appear to be a problem? I know that the fast VAGs seem to really attract theft right now.

Not necessarily a problem but extra security may need to be considered....

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Goaty

In the last couple of weeks I have noticed more Fk8s getting stolen. Up to this point really it was the odd one or two, nothing like the Golf R, S3 Range Rover etc

For me, cars get stolen for 4 main reasons

1) Nicked and stripped for parts. These are then sold on ebay for chavs wanting to do up there 1.6 or to dodgy crash repair garages. Especially with modded cars where the parts are valuable
2) Stolen to order, shipped to eastern europe in shipping crates etc
3) Theifs want a quick get away car that seats 5
4) Joyriding

In terms of the Type R:

1) In my view there has not been until now maybe, enough type r's for a lucrative parts business. But after 3 years, attitudes to the cars have softened on the looks, reviews are still strong some deals to be had on pre reg cars so maybe there is enough now
2) Possibly
3) No chance your going to use a type r for a subtle get away car
4) I think this has all but gone BUT a new one did get nicked I think for that reason last week

SO like anything, its a risk, but dont let that stop you getting one. Its no way as risky as an Audi RS product or Rangie. Get a faraday pouch or biscuit tin, a steering lock and get on it with it

Thanks. That's great. It wouldn't put me off buying, just good to know what extra measures need taking. I guess the standard civic isn't really a car driven by chavs so that negates point 1 a bit.
I see you are local, I am just in Hemel. If I get one I might need to bother you so I can hear what a Remus is like in real life! (If you don't mind of course!)
Cheers. Dan

I use a faraday bag. Works a treat but remember to get a bag for your spare key as well. Read a story last year where the main key was in a bag but they were able to detect the spare key and then take the car.

Just seen this posted tonight.

3593f75419d21077f0e07233229ed179.jpg

That's another this week. Like it says on that post that's 4 so far! Is alarming. Wonder if it's a coincidence or the crims have worked an easy way to drive these away....

My friends was stolen last year. Thieves broke into his house when he was asleep and took the keys.

Back