• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Rattle/scraping

Any ideas what this could be,
Pulled off a junction plodding along and heard a loud scraping noise (assumed it was outside) but as I slowed to another junction the noise got quieter, I dropped my passenger window and noticed it was definitely me and coming from the passenger side.
The noise sounded like a brake pad sticking but I then noticed when turning left it rattled and when reversing hard left it really did rattle.
I was expecting a heat shield or even the stone guard hanging and dragging but nothing on show,
I've had someone standing whilst reversing and they said it's definitely passenger wheel or just behind.

I've not seen anything on forums in the past so new one to me

Last edited by a moderator:
I found and fk8 post with a YouTube link with a similar sound and that was a collection of stones,
This sound is horrendous, it reminds me of a heat shield dragging along tarmac and that's what I was expecting to find, MOT booked today as well :rolleyes:

When it's light tomorrow gently push the shield away from the disc & see if you can get any stones to fall out :)

Have patience as this can take quite a few attempts & expect to get your hands pretty dirty :lol:

Another tell-tale that it's a stone/stones stuck in there will be a groove in the back of the disc :p

Hopefully it won't involve the removal of the disc/caliper [-o<

Already been out and had a play nothing dropped out but booked the day off in case :D

Yeah it's been a while, been on redundancy alert since September ish so just trying to get through all this lockdown stuff,
Still debating where to go with the car, that **** head bumping it annoyed me, then 2 weeks after that I got woken up at half 1 by a loud thump, looked out to find a **** head had collapsed on my car slid down it then proceeded to grab and push on anything to get back up, smears and finger marks all over the place,
Be better off with a basic I reckon

Hello Rob, sorry to hear your having problems and hope your well mate. If i can be of any assistance just give me a shout mate.

Hello Rob, sorry to hear your having problems and hope your well mate. If i can be of any assistance just give me a shout mate.

Hey Rich, good to see you still have yours, I do pop on and off the forums but posts are scarce now. Car is now sorted so back to peace of mind.... For now :D

Think this whole lockdown thing has took its toll, car isn't getting any TLC, MOT is 6mths late due to last lockdown, the recent lack of respect from others..... Car deserves better is how I'm feeling

Keep us informed & nice to see you posting :D

All sorted, it indeed was a decent sized stone by the clunking it made,
Full lock, pushed the splash guard a bit, heard something give, went opposite full lock "clunk", bit more pushing on the guard, "clunk clunk" quick reverse loads of clunking then noise stopped.
Been around the block snaking and seems to have disappeared :smt023

First I've experienced that, I never thought a stone would cause that much of a noise, it really is a proper arse clenching noise

Hey Rich, good to see you still have yours, I do pop on and off the forums but posts are scarce now. Car is now sorted so back to peace of mind.... For now :D

Think this whole lockdown thing has took its toll, car isn't getting any TLC, MOT is 6mths late due to last lockdown, the recent lack of respect from others..... Car deserves better is how I'm feeling

Yeah still got it, no plans to sell really due to the low mileage and high residuals. Maybe looking at a retirement special in a few years, Cayman GT4 would be nice [-o<, Sounds like yours just needs some TLC. Take care mate.

Back