• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Owning a FK8 during the Covid Lockdown

just wondered is anyone else feeling a tad sad they've got this wonderful car outside and no real opportunity to drive it. worse now seeing the bad weather, snow etc. and knowning those wheels nuts will be getting rustier by the day. I'm starting to wonder if I need to put it in dry storage for a few more weeks. :cry: I know I could take it to the supermarket but a short trip with 'er indoors and risk of door dings just ain't cutting it.......

Living where I do this time of year I’m used to not driving it due to poor weather. It certainly helps I have a nice garage to store it in. How ever sort of feel cursed with this car year 1 summer I had an accident so couldn’t drive for 3 months, year 2 summer I had to work throughout to make up for the previous year, year 3 summer lockdown. It might explain the low mileage after 37 months of ownership just under 14k.

It’s frustrating for sure but it’s keeping me motivated for when things get better. Some people have sold them due to covid, but I never could, it’s something to look forward to. I do use it for the odd supermarket run and take the longer route but can’t have a proper drive in this weather anyway. But stuck in a home office all week just being out in it for 20 mins really helps my mental health (gets me away from Er indoors!)

Mine is, more or less, my daily. All weathers and conditions. (It’s hilarious on snow and ice). And it’s sat outside at the moment absolutely filthy, which is really pi55ing me off.

just wondered is anyone else feeling a tad sad they've got this wonderful car outside and no real opportunity to drive it. worse now seeing the bad weather, snow etc. and knowning those wheels nuts will be getting rustier by the day. I'm starting to wonder if I need to put it in dry storage for a few more weeks. :cry: I know I could take it to the supermarket but a short trip with 'er indoors and risk of door dings just ain't cutting it.......

My Wheels & nuts were Ceramic Coated from new & still look like new.

Mine is, more or less, my daily. All weathers and conditions. (It’s hilarious on snow and ice). And it’s sat outside at the moment absolutely filthy, which is really pi55ing me off.

I'm the same, the car was brought to use. I've worked all through covid and commute 50 odd miles a day, but I do hate the fact that it doesn't stay clean for 5 minutes in this weather.

Had mine for about 6 weeks and done over 1k miles but not really had a chance to drive it for fun as mostly journeys conducted have been for work.

Mine is at a detailers at the moment for a paint correction and ceramic coating to be applied!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Had mine for about 6 weeks and done over 1k miles but not really had a chance to drive it for fun as mostly journeys conducted have been for work.

Mine is at a detailers at the moment for a paint correction and ceramic coating to be applied!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Looking forward to seeing some photos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is my daily so gets used but work is only 20mins away so not great, I just want to do some rd trips but can't, took my lad back to uni after Christmas so 200mile round trip, nailed it down the A1 , god I love this car, would only sell to release the money nothing else I drove comes close to it now I have it as I wanted.

Baz

I picked my 70 plate up NYE from York and drove 80 miles back home, the car is now sat on a massive 173 miles on the clock and I use it daily. It's going to be 2022 before it's run in!

I picked my 70 plate up NYE from York and drove 80 miles back home, the car is now sat on a massive 173 miles on the clock and I use it daily. It's going to be 2022 before it's run in!

I phoned up just as you were collecting. Was after the one you got. Although they did me quite a nice deal on a polished metal one due in April. You definitely got a steal there though!

I phoned up just as you were collecting. Was after the one you got. Although they did me quite a nice deal on a polished metal one due in April. You definitely got a steal there though!

They'd had loads of enquiries about it, I paid the deposit middle of December, I love the car.

thanks all, seeing you're all feeling my pain has made me much better. I took the opportunity on Sunday to spend 3 hours cleaning and while it didn't involve a celebratory long drive afterwards (just a short blip to clean/dry the brake discs) it was nice to just give the girl (Heidi the Honda) some love. It never ceases to amaze me how much cr4p, moss, gunge gets in the nooks and crevases, thank heavens for a good power washer....and Cermaic coating and PPF.

She looks as good as new with her winter boots (3 years old this June - 17k miles)

0BE5AAF0-8906-40B5-8D0B-5F93FA409860.jpeg

0FBCE5F2-F711-42FF-B89C-7FF0A1EE4693.jpeg

3BBDF2D3-63F5-4141-A9C3-475264C67C31.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
looks lovely mate....But as your not driving it...maybe them winters need to come off to stop scaring young children? :p ;)

looks lovely mate....But as your not driving it...maybe them winters need to come off to stop scaring young children? :p ;)

true. talk about all dressed up (for the weather) and nowhere to go. I guess that's it: we all feel like grounded teenagers. :)

might have to dig the OEM 20s out and give them a good clean / polish next weekend. :)

Back