• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Your AEM questions answered.

hi, old thread i know but can anyone awsner a few questions on the AEM shortram for the FN2! i'm currently racking my brain to deicide which intake is best for me! i dont do alot of driving so i dont really want to spend a fortune! anyway, does the shortram require a remap with the FN2? i've heard this mentioned a few times!
also ive heard its a pretty tight fit in the engine bay!! is it so tight that you cant get a cold air feed up to the opening? and lastly is there a decent heat shield avaliable for it?

thanks!

Mugged_off had the AEM and changed it for a HKS, I'm not sure of his reasons. Might be worth dropping him a pm.

hi guys,

Im getting the long arm aem cai soon, so theirs 2 types that fit the civic, rsx and actual ep3 version which has a smaller bore size right?
which one should i go for?

heard the rsx one is harder to fit etc
Their both about the same price but wanted to know is their any performance difference at all?

I've just came across a DC5 AEM CAI (which I know is the RSX) but I was wondering if any of the fittings are different or is it like for like?

hi guys,

Im getting the long arm aem cai soon, so theirs 2 types that fit the civic, rsx and actual ep3 version which has a smaller bore size right?
which one should i go for?

heard the rsx one is harder to fit etc
Their both about the same price but wanted to know is their any performance difference at all?

As above, I don't have one yet, but bigger bore means more air can be sucked in, resulting in better performance. Im definitely going for the RSX / DC5 fitment simply because its bigger and im going for 70mm bore from induction to the tip of my exhaust for free flowing air and more power.

In case anyone is thinking of buying one of these systems, turns out carparts4less (sister company to Eurocarparts) sell aem systems. The CAI system is currently £206 if you use their 10% off code on the website. Much cheaper than other stockists!

Back