• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Your AEM questions answered.

iantype-r said:
ive been looking on ebay for the RSX version but which one will fit, is it the RSX SI type-s, i cant see one, only ones i can see are for the acura, i guess that is totaly different,

cheers ian

the rsx is what the integra was called by acura so you'll only find them for the acura :wink:

iantype-r said:
ive been looking on ebay for the RSX version but which one will fit, is it the RSX SI type-s, i cant see one, only ones i can see are for the acura, i guess that is totaly different,

cheers ian

The RSX is an Acura mate, should be looking for the Acura RSX Type-S fitment :)

AEM

I have got the long AEM kit with the filter located in the front bumper on the near side. The sound this thing makes is awesome, peoples heads snap around to see what it is. Sounds like a Super Sports bike and a massive improvement over the standard box. Can't give a comparison to the standard torque/BHP as I fitted it almost straight away. You do have to be careful going through even shallow puddles though so as not to suck any water into the intake. The best money I have ever spent on a car....and I've spent a hell of a lot over the years :D

I paid £168 from Funkypower.com mate. Prompt delivery and the cheapest I could find it at the time. Honda fitted it for another £65. I got them to do it as it involves removing the front bumper (Well it's certainly much easier if you do).

You MUST get one though, makes the car sound awesome!!!

yeh i only getting AEM but whats the difference between short arm kit and long arm kit beside the price?

long arm kit sits low down near arch/front bumper

short arm kit sits where..........?? back of engine bay near windscreen?

Not sure but I know that you get much cooler air with the long arm kit and as a result much better combustion. You know how on a cold day your car just seems that little bit sharper??? Go for the long arm kit, you only spend the money once. Not like you're buying a set of 18's where you have to replace the rubber every year!

Dunno mate as I have only ever driven my car with the standard air box and the long arm kit. Ask around and see what other people think. I can't pass comment as I don't have that equipment on my car.

I'm thinking of getting one of these soon...

Is there anything I can get to 100% eliminate the risk of water?

I know it's not too likely to cause trouble, but I'm just after more piece of mind ;)

Cheers

I'm thinking of getting one of these soon...

Is there anything I can get to 100% eliminate the risk of water?

I know it's not too likely to cause trouble, but I'm just after more piece of mind ;)

Cheers

Nope, nothing can be done without major modification to prevent water getting at the filter.

Cheers. What's a hydrosock? Nick mentioned it?

It's a cover for the filter that lets air pass but supposedly not water. Although if you submerge it nothing's going to stop water being sucked up. It'll help, but it's certainly not a fail safe solution.

It's a cover for the filter that lets air pass but supposedly not water. Although if you submerge it nothing's going to stop water being sucked up. It'll help, but it's certainly not a fail safe solution.

Thanks for that, where can I get one from?
Cheers

Back