• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Your AEM questions answered.

Guys i have the V2 and i've not cleaned it since fitting not sure how many miles but lets just say it's been a while :oops: :oops:. I have a recharge kit from halfrauds but becasue i HAVE to use the car pretty much everyday (even weekends), finding the time to have it off the car is near impossible.

Is there any damage that can be done by not cleaning it for such a long period of time? I'm hoping the only thing is that the more dirty (clogged up) it gets the less air it can such in, but again is there any harm that can be done?.

If it helps i have one of the old ones (not the paper cone ones)

i wouldn't have thought so. Like you say the filter will be clogged and not sucking in as much air as it could but i cant see how any damage could be done.

If the filter started to deteriorate then yes, but if the filter is still whole and just dirty i would say no.

i wouldn't have thought so. Like you say the filter will be clogged and not sucking in as much air as it could but i cant see how any damage could be done.

If the filter started to deteriorate then yes, but if the filter is still whole and just dirty i would say no.

Cheers fella, i was kinda expecting your answer but hearing it from someone just helps breath a sigh of relief.

So just to be sure if its the RSX Type S kits we should get, they would be the following part numbers:

AEM V2: 24-6106
AEM CAI: 21-506

The AEM website lists the kits following kits at for the Si (K20a3):

AEM V2: 24-6108
AEM CAI: 21-508

and we shouldn't be getting these!?

Am I right?! :confused:

I'm looking at getting myself a v2 having read all the pro's and con's relative to the AEM CAI behind the bumper job. Has anyone been able to fit an air feed tube from the grill towards the cone to help with the heat issues?

Hi i fitted one , dont know how much it helps but its there.

I came from the original intake on the standard air box to the AEM.

DSC00083.jpg

Fitted my AEM CAI today. What a difference!! Low down torque in 3'rd gear especially.

I previously had a v2 had a nice sound but poor gains in warm weather.

The noise the CAI makes is mental, really raspy. If you haven't got one yet, get your wallet out & your tools ready, you wont regret it.

Its the AEM V2 and pipercross 75mm cold air feed. It was easy to do , I just connected to the original air feed. Whether thats the best place to go from i dont know, but it was good enough for Honda...

Its the AEM V2 and pipercross 75mm cold air feed. It was easy to do , I just connected to the original air feed. Whether thats the best place to go from i dont know, but it was good enough for Honda...

is the V2 cheaper? it looks like a safer place compared to the wheel arch, makes sense to use the original actually. where does the actual feed begin? is it behind the grill?
looks quite smart though

No its the same price or maybe more expensive than the CAI around 230 quid i think. 30 quid for the air feed.
Yes it sterts behind the grill, the disadvantage of the V2 is heatsoak, but IMO looks loads better then the CAI

yeah because it's right at the back of the engine, but the cold air feed should help still, or dont you think it makes much difference?
i would prefer it near the top because when it comes to cleaning you dont have to jack the car up

Back