• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

A Movies Section

How about it? A movies section. If you're talking about a particular movie the name of the movie should go in the subject heading.

Bran,

We have a movies section for cars - We dont want to overkill the forum with non-car related topic sections. As per the other forum movies get talked about in General Chat.

dotty said:
Bran,

We have a movies section for cars - We dont want to overkill the forum with non-car related topic sections. As per the other forum movies get talked about in General Chat.

Stu, hmmm....isn't it best to organise it though. I see General Chat filling up really really quickly if thats the case. Just thought it would be nice to have a separate section for this as its a subject that a lot of people would like to post about (and being in General it would be all over the place). Just my personal opinion fella :wink:

Bran, how many films have been mentioned so far?

I agree with stu (where have i heard that before :lol: ) as this place will have so many sections if you start messing about with it

zeffania said:
Bran, how many films have been mentioned so far?

I agree with stu (where have i heard that before :lol: ) as this place will have so many sections if you start messing about with it

Tons actually. Whilst I agree this is a car forum, I don't think necessarily that one has to be such a car enthusiast and therefore I feel its good to discuss other things which can be found (ie. organised) easily rather than sifting through tons of pages of general chat. I for one am not into modd'ing as much as other people but I understand if you want to keep this forum more for avid car enthusiasts then thats cool.

p.s. what is the point of "site suggestions" if one cannot suggest anything for the site or which the moderators disagree with. I think that living in a democracy we should have an overal members vote really. Most sections on here are already covered "car-wise" therefore it is kinda pointless to have a "site suggestions" section is it not?

SR-71 said:
p.s. what is the point of "site suggestions" if one cannot suggest anything for the site or which the moderators disagree with. I think that living in a democracy we should have an overal members vote really. Most sections on here are already covered "car-wise" therefore it is kinda pointless to have a "site suggestions" section is it not?

dotty said:
Please remember first and for most that this is a car forum.

We appreciate your inputs on ways we can improve the site and maybe introduce new sections now and again, After all that is the idea of this section.

Places for music links and movie trailers can be posted in general chat and there are no plans to open sections to do with the latter.

Thanks

SR-71 said:

This is a car forum. If you really want to post about movies all the time then I suggest you log onto a movies forum. Try posting about cars on there, or suggest a seperate "car section" be added. I don't think that you would get such a polite responce.

Also, I have implemented many of the suggestions so far, some of which are on hold untill the site moves.

No one ever said the suggestions area was about what new sections I can add to this site, they are for overall improvement which could be made to this car forum.

fairy muff! nuff said, no worries dude...cheers!

p.s. I aint such a hardcore movie fan btw :wink:

dappastyle said:
i'm a hardcore movie fan and the suggestion of having a section devoted to movies would be pointless.

If u wanna talk films go here.

www.imdb.com

erm...pointless isnt the word I'd personally use...basically its nice being able to talk about subjects with your type-r buddies...I know we all have a main thing in common ie. cars, but was suggesting that being able to every once in a while talk about a movie we saw would be nice...at the end of the day I wasn't implying that it should overrule talking about cars.
Anyway, nuff said about the subject :D

Back