• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Greenlight Insurance

Greenlight insurance are top!
They love mods and help save you lots of money so you can spend it on more mods! lol

Greenlight have beaten all my renewal quotes and protected my no claims so I'm well chuffed. In case anybody cares...

I'm 24 with 7 years no claims (protected), got tinted windows (which can cause major problems nowdays) and an SP30.

£787 :D :D

A-Plan - £949

Adrian Flux - £878 :D

Greenlight - £670 :shock: :twisted:

Mods - k-pro,c/f bonnet,morrette conversion,spoon zorst system,EBC Discs,lowered,18" rims

Driver - 25yrs old,full n/c

Neily03 how did you find the service when you had to claim. Its ok getting cheap insurance but its got to be good service too.yes :?:

Rmonkey said:
Neily03 how did you find the service when you had to claim. Its ok getting cheap insurance but its got to be good service too.yes :?:

They were great, the actual insurance company is called Highway as Greenlight are just a broker.
I spoke to them on the monday and told them what happened and said i needed to use a Honda bodyshop for warrenty reasons. They said get a quote and fax it though which i did the next day (tues) they then sent out an engineer on the wednesday who approved the claim and my car was in the bodyshop the following monday. 8) Don't think you can expect better than that. 8)

As you insisted on taking to honda did greenlight still sort you out with a courtasy car? Also i have been told that if you dont use insurance repairer you may have to pay the difference between your garages quote(honda) and their own. was this the case with your quote?

Rmonkey said:
As you insisted on taking to honda did greenlight still sort you out with a courtasy car? Also i have been told that if you dont use insurance repairer you may have to pay the difference between your garages quote(honda) and their own. was this the case with your quote?

Because i didn't use their garage i wasn't elligable for a courtesy car (same with most insurance companies iirc) but i got one off my honda dealer, just had insure it myself (£30 a week from greenlight) I didn't have to pay anything towards the repair apart from my excess. The only quote made on the repairs was the one i had done by my honda dealer. 8)

So all in all sounds like they were fine. Was it a non-fault claim? If yes did you get your excess back quite quickly?

Rmonkey said:
So all in all sounds like they were fine. Was it a non-fault claim? If yes did you get your excess back quite quickly?

They were great. While it wasn't my fault it was a fault claim as the person who hit my CTR did a runner and there were no witnesses... :x :evil: :x :cry:

Ok mate thanks for answering all my questions. Its just that about 4/5 years ago i was with highway insured on my old 306 gti-6 through a broker called trident. I had to make a non-fault claim and it took about 6 months to get my excess back. So not sure about going back although obviously they are cheaper than anyone else and good if i want to do mods. I will have to have a think. :wink:

Neily03 said:
Rmonkey said:

They were great. While it wasn't my fault it was a fault claim as the person who hit my CTR did a runner and there were no witnesses... :x :evil: :x :cry:

So does this affect your NCBs??

kamion said:
Neily03 said:
Rmonkey said:

So does this affect your NCBs??

No cos they're protected. Luckily! 8)

Just insured with Greenlight

Sure many of you know the spec of my car buts its basically supercharged

9 Year no claims

Just over £650.00 :)

Happy with that

Back