• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust guide

Does anybody know whether a HKS induction kit coupled with the Hi-power HKS exhaust would be ideal for EP3?

Straight tail piped Toda on Civic EP3

Photo0093.jpg

Photo0096.jpg

Photo0095.jpg

Photo0094.jpg

B Pipe clearance;

Photo0097.jpg

Thanks for all your replies guys. The pics looks great, is it noisy? Because I use my car on the motorway daily. So, I am really looking at exhaust which have the look & performance. It will be great if can find any exhaust which have the noise level around 93-97db.

Im not sure on db's but the Toda isnt loud at all. Once its warmed up it get a lil raspy but sounds great. Driving normaly, you wouldnt know you had a cat back system on.

I've got a HKS induction kit but to make it work you really need to fit a cold air feed otherwise you might as well stick with the original.

If you got a lot of motorway driving then spoon i would avoid. I was doing 85 for about 30 miles and was almost deaf by the end.

Want a cheap cat back HKS is about £350 from tokoyo express, but have no idea what it sounds like.

From a sticky on the CTRO. I've been meaning to post it for a while. All levels are on an EP3 because someone is bound to ask!! :rolleyes:

This test was carried out as people were getting black flagged on track days due to exhaust noise and it is also worth noting that when you do the test before going on track, the launch control obviously only lets you rev to 5500 rpm. On track it will be louder so on tracks such as Silverstone that have drive by meters, you could still get black flagged etc etc.

All readings were taken at 5500rpm with calibrated meter 45' to exhaust outlet and 0.5meters away.

Manifold, B-pipe, Backbox, level (db)

Std, Std, Std, 93
Std, Std, Spoon, 102
Spoon 421, Spoon, Std 94
Toda, Spoon, Spoon, 106
Std, Spoon, Spoon, 104
Jr , TG, TG, 109
Std, TG, TG-Ti. 96
Std, Cobra us, Cobra, 109
DC, Spoon, Spoon, 108
JR, Eurosport, Eurosport, 105, Spercharger & Cams
Std, Mugen, Mugen, 89
Toda, Toda, Toda, 94

Couple of points from personal experience:
1. Spoon bung doesnt actually work very well. Yes it does reduce level slightly but when you lift off it bangs and pops going even higher than a box without the bung.

2. Its worth carrying your standard backbox with you as even with a full race manifold and Spoon B-Pipe it will still see you under 100db.
icon_cool.gif

Original post is here: http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=137572

Seems like Mugen or Toda for keeping the noise down!

I have just put a custom made exhaust from a CTR onto a sport (with some modification to makeit fit).

it was made by people in Glasgow, Hillington. I had been there before to get one made for my mk 5 Zs Fiesta. That one cost me about £300, but the one that i have on the sport was about £450 fitted. i got it for £150 off my mate who had it on his CTR for 2 months.

It sounds great and i will try and get some pics up soon with it.

This is the web site and link.

http://www.stainlessexhausts.com/loc.htm

Mongoose cat backs (4.5" and 4")

Thought this would be useful for future Mongoose buyers!

1st, 2nd and 3rd picture: 4.5" jap style

4th and 5th picture: 4" inrolled

Attachments

• ctr mongoose cat back 4.jpg
    ctr mongoose cat back 4.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 138
  • ctr mongoose cat back 3.jpg
    ctr mongoose cat back 3.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 149
  • ctr mongoose cat back.jpg
    ctr mongoose cat back.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 267.JPG
    267.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    865.3 KB · Views: 154
I so want to back to an EP3/DC5 after reading this, Toda, Toda, Toda would be ideal if doing trackdays too.

My Pipewerx system with single 4" inward rolled slash tailpipe

Sounds amazing in my opinion, got no vids hopefully get one soon

75012383.jpg

12742767.jpg

Hi Guys im pretty new to this forum and because i am so new it wont allow me to put a thread up about asking for any available second hand exhaust systems on the cheap just want a full system if any are going or can anyone put me in the right path of someone please?
need it for my EP3 as im returning a to Nurburgring in april and would love to have a system this time around for the small performance gain but for the sound none the less
can anyone help or knows of anyone ?
its for my 55 EP3 if that helps
thanks for your time
Sam

There is a for sale section right at the bottom of the main forum page. You can always try Ebay. Or joining civictype-r.co.uk they have an active for sale section and parts only come up for the civics rather than the wider variants falling under ''Type-R''

Back