• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust guide

I've only had my ep3 civic for a few months but looking for a new back box, don't know weather to
go for a big jap cam or a little 2 inch as both look good? Which sounds better?

There is a lot more to it than the tip on the exhaust, the centre pipe affects the tone a lot, along with the size and shape of the backbox, the amount of baffling (or lack of it) etc.

What B pipe have you got? How loud do you want it to be in the end?

I have a standard system at the moment. I like the look of the buddy club exhausts, I do like the small pee shooter ones too? I know about the centre pipe but want to keep it all the same brand. Any suggestions of what sounds good?

Tbh there aren't many "bad" sounding setups for the EP3, more a case of what your tastes are - some setups are definitely raspier and more aggressive, and how much volume you want.

Personally I run a very raspy setup (unsilenced B pipe, unsure of make and a custom straight pipe "backbox", as loud as it can get without a race manifold and decat. It drones, sets off car alarms and pops and bangs like mad, cruising at 60/70mph and then changing into 3rd or 4th makes it pop and bang like it has antilag - it's a far more aggressive setup than most owners (or neighbours!) would put up with, but then you have horses for courses. I wouldn't want a quiet or discreet car, but it's all down to taste.

The best thing you can do really is go out and hear some exhausts, not just on CTRs but all kinds of cars to see what kind of noise level would be acceptable to you. There is more than likely a local Japanese car club in your area, visiting them on a meet would be a good place to start!

power flow

I got my exhaust fitted by http://www.rebelpowerpipes.co.uk/ i phoned them at lunch time on the friday and they got me fitted in for 2pm same day
it cost me 300 pounds for a hand built cat back pipe got the choice of tail pipe ends and bore diameter there were about 25 to choose from i went for the oval one they were really professional and had the exhaust made and fitted within 2 hours of getting there i would recommend going here my car sounds really mean now on deceleration it bubbles really nice now will post some pics tomorrow. :D

11062012114.jpg26052012043.jpg:smt079

Last edited by a moderator:
I've decided to go for a jap can exhaust now. I know some have a low throaty tone but I would like one that screams at quite a high pitch. Can anyone recommend any good ones?

Thanks guys, I've decided to go for a buddy club. I'm torn between a pro spec and a spec 3. I've seen photos and the pro spec fills the gap better but I've heard the spec 3 sounds better? Also ive heard when fitting the exhaust comes up short of theCAT? Anyone else had the problem?

Is a Magnaflow cat back any good? Focusing mainy on the performance aspect, does it fall far behind Fujitsubo RM-01 or Legalis R? Found Magnaflow for around $400, would I be better off paying more and getting either Fujitsubo?

EP3 Fujitsubo RM01-A

20130509163342.jpg

hi mate . i noticed you where asking what they are like i have done a vid of it on here, with silenced and unsilenced. look further down the forum for my user name.

Back