• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K-Pro. Mapping/Comparisons/Problems.

Scousefella

Mental for Oriental
Feel free to use this thread to keep all K-Pro mapping chat and comparisons in one place. 8)

Eliminates loads of K-Pro threads and makes a search for answers nice and easy. :wink:

Get Mapping!!! :D

ok well I'll get the ball rolling then, this is a superb map I got from the other forum, its a modified version of palmers block by Aaron.
Runs very well on my car, recently made 206bhp at the wheels on the system r dyno (I'm told thats roughly 250bhp at the flywheel)
My mods are kpro (obviously!), dc sports race header, aem cai, spoon b pipe, spoon n1 backbox.
From memory aarons mods were decat pipe, blitz sonic and I cant remember what exhaust it was now.

enjoy:
http://wasteddomain.com/kpro/k20a2-civictyper-palmers-modified3.kal
Oh and I run a 14.1 at Santa Pod with this map ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
FreakOnALeash said:
ok well I'll get the ball rolling then, this is a superb map I got from the other forum, its a modified version of palmers block by Aaron.
Runs very well on my car, recently made 206bhp at the wheels on the system r dyno (I'm told thats roughly 250bhp at the flywheel)
My mods are kpro (obviously!), dc sports race header, aem cai, spoon b pipe, spoon n1 backbox.
From memory aarons mods were decat pipe, blitz sonic and I cant remember what exhaust it was now.

enjoy:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alan.dunn73/hondata/k20a2-civictyper-palmers-modified3.kal

Oh and I run a 14.1 at Santa Pod with this map ;)

Thanks for the confirmation Al. I'd already downloaded this. Aaron's palmer's modified 3 was tuned on an AEM /DC header and catback (BC III) with an a/f guage so fuelling should be fine for a race header. Aaron's cold air map was the one tuned on a decat pipe with same induction / exhaust. Aaron confirmed that the maps were also setup for Optimax.

I'm shortly going to fit a DCRH to my Mugen/k-pro/spoon b-pipe and Spoon N1 muffler, so this looks ideal :D I'm currently running with std. header and decat @ 185 whp, so looking good to break the 200 whp barrier when the DCRH goes on.

I have a copy of Aaron's modified cold air (induction/decat/catback) if anyone wants to pm me.

Cheers

Jon

This is a good map and it definitely feels alot quicker than my previous one when I swapped it over at Santa Pod, that also seem to prove it as I ran a 14.034 with it too :D

However on mine I datalogged the run and my fueling was not very spot on, so I altered the map back to what I had been using for the run on the way home, however it is definitely a quick map and subsequently I will be having it set up correctly for my car shortly :D

Carl

Carl,

Thanks for the info. Which header are you running.

Will probably get mine remapped eventually too.

Cheers

Jon

JonCTR said:
Carl,

Thanks for the info. Which header are you running.

Jon I am running with a DC Sports race header, Spoon B pipe, Magnex Back box and Gruppe M

Carl

Jon I am running with a DC Sports race header, Spoon B pipe, Magnex Back box and Gruppe M

I may be talking bollox here but would imagine that the fueling may not be spot on as Carl you have a Gruppe M and the map was done with a AEM CAI, now I guess to alter the fueling of this on the road, should be failry easy.

Want to play guinne pig :p

Pretty sure, this is the map that has been loaded up onto my car.. and seems to run really well but havent had a chance yet to get it on the rollers.

What can I expect to atchieve bhp wise?

DC Headers, System, CAI and k'pro.

Can anyone help me...when I start my car from cold with the a/c switched on it idles around 3,000rpm when the a/c compressor cuts in.

Its only when starting from cold and for the first 5 - 10 minutes, once its warmed up its perfect.

Does anyone know what I should change to lower the idle (with A/C compressor on) when cold?

Also, if i start the car without the A/C on its fine, its only when the compressor cuts in from cold.

Thanks

- Kevin.

Thanks alot fellas :D

If you read the Notes in this calibration it says it was tuned with GruppeM, spoon header, ITR cams etc.
Could this be ignored? I was thinking maybe aaron never changed it.

fonzeka said:
Thanks alot fellas :D

If you read the Notes in this calibration it says it was tuned with GruppeM, spoon header, ITR cams etc.
Could this be ignored? I was thinking maybe aaron never changed it.

yeah I think thats just the description from the original palmers map that aaron used.

Yes, from memory Aaron had an AEM CAI, DCRH and BuddyClub catback tuned on Shell Optimax 98RON for that map, and tuned the a/f ratio on a wideband lambda guage for about 13.2 at WOT

Hmm mines knicking at about 7500 rpm, mostly in 4th but I have seen it in 3rd too.

Need to datalog it. What do I do then - retard the ignition where it is knocking?

Does anyone have a decent K-Pro map suitable for JDM DC5 ITR which would cover the following modifications?

Gruppe M
Mugen twin loop
2 piece header (de-CAT)

Could be a map for similar mods on a CTR, I would only have to change the ECU type to value of 3.

Could you also send me the maps discussed on this thread please? To [email protected]

Would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Kyle.

Back