• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K-Pro. Mapping/Comparisons/Problems.

Has anyone got copies of Aaron's modifications? These sound interesting... or were these on the list you gave me Al?

Al... the .kal you provided me with called...

"k20a2-civictyper-palmers-modified3.kal"

The notes section is exactly the same as the...

"k20a2-civictyper-itrcams-hdr.kal" map that comes with the software...

How did "Palmers" alter the map exactly? What mods is it good for? Differences?

Thanks.

those palmers maps comment don't really tell you what has been done to the car.
I use to run one with a injen CAI and a backbox, and I had knocks all over the place. However on a decat car they seem ok. The fuelling/cam angle/inj timing have all been modified to suit a specific car so it wont be perfect for yours.

Best thing tbh is to either learn it all and mod your map to suit your car yourself, and hope you dont blow up your engine :lol:.
Or bring it to a professional ... But then I would say that since I am starting a mapping business :lol: :whistle O:)

Has anyone got copies of Aaron's modifications? These sound interesting... or were these on the list you gave me Al?

Al... the .kal you provided me with called...

"k20a2-civictyper-palmers-modified3.kal"

The notes section is exactly the same as the...

"k20a2-civictyper-itrcams-hdr.kal" map that comes with the software...

How did "Palmers" alter the map exactly? What mods is it good for? Differences?

Thanks.

I honestly don't remember, I haven't had my ctr for nearly a year now :lol:

Getting my kpro next week, does anybody have a map good map i can use/try?

2002 ctr K20a2
Kpro, de-cat, stainless exhaust manifold, unsilenced B-pipe, standard back box, hondata airbox mod.

Please list vtec engagement, limiter settings to please
Thanks, Ste

you can try the RSX cold air map, that will hep alot especially with the afr but I still think you will be running lean with the header. Get it mapped IMO

you can try the RSX cold air map, that will hep alot especially with the afr but I still think you will be running lean with the header. Get it mapped IMO

I will be doing some fine tuning as i have a wideband kit, just wanted a good base map to start from that i can adjust :)

Where can i get this map?

You will need to open the RSX map in notepad and convert it, you just have to change a number. Can't remmber to what exactly im afraid.

I found a map for a ctr but it was for the us version (the map had been dynoed for a AEM v2, dcrh and IMG) i know my brands differ but the mods are very similar so thought it was worth a try (obv checking the afr was safe with wideband)
Being a US map, it was not correct as they use wideband not narrow band, so i have converted it to narrow band (also enabling the secondary o2 sensor on closed loop)
and tested the afr which is safe. I also retained the stock euro ctr idle.

Just thought i'd post this map up, as i was struggling to find a euro ctr map with those mods, on my car it is noticably smoother and quicker so hopefully will be benificial to others too.

Details.....
vtec engagement 3900 and 5000
limiter 8800
stock idle 750
no launch control etc

If you decide to try this map yourself, keep an eye on the second o2 sensor and make sure under load it reads above 0.8v, anything above is rich (safe unless far to rich) any thing below is running too lean and should be adjusted.

Please PM if you want the map as i dont know how to put it up on here!!

Last edited by a moderator:
ok well I'll get the ball rolling then, this is a superb map I got from the other forum, its a modified version of palmers block by Aaron.
Runs very well on my car, recently made 206bhp at the wheels on the system r dyno (I'm told thats roughly 250bhp at the flywheel)
My mods are kpro (obviously!), dc sports race header, aem cai, spoon b pipe, spoon n1 backbox.

Would this run fine with my mods ?

standard air box
dc mani (de-cat)
HKS hi power catback
KPRO (obv)

at the moment im just running the standard civic type r european dyno tuned map

Chase, just found this and it kind of answers my question in the for sale thread!
How easy is it to remap the kpro? I was talking to the guy at tdi north and he said something about plugging my laptop into it? Does this mean that i'll be able to tweak your map to suit my setup or is it more technical than that?
Thanks for any advice, really keen to get this kpro but still don't fully understand how easy it is to just 'swap' ecu, cheers

Chase, just found this and it kind of answers my question in the for sale thread!
How easy is it to remap the kpro? I was talking to the guy at tdi north and he said something about plugging my laptop into it? Does this mean that i'll be able to tweak your map to suit my setup or is it more technical than that?
Thanks for any advice, really keen to get this kpro but still don't fully understand how easy it is to just 'swap' ecu, cheers

Not easy. If you haven't had any experience I wouldn't recommend messing with it.

hi i have an recipt with my ctr for a hondata ecu. i looked at the ecu the other day looked standard it has 37820-PRA-E11 on the front of it and someones writtern 'reflash 04' on it im guessing it may of just had hardwear upgrade in standard unit ???

hi i have an recipt with my ctr for a hondata ecu. i looked at the ecu the other day looked standard it has 37820-PRA-E11 on the front of it and someones writtern 'reflash 04' on it im guessing it may of just had hardwear upgrade in standard unit ???

Yeah, the kpro is just a reworking of the original ecu, it should have a usb port on the side which is probably the easiest way to identify if it really is upgraded.

Take your ECU out (couple of plugs & 3 screws - helps to remove the glove box). Open it up, 4 screws in the corners. If its a Kpro or K100 there will be 2 circuit boards in there, the smaller one of which will have hondata printed on it.

i think it is a true upgrade as the rev limmit is 8750or roundabout (or is that nomal) and vtec kicks in at bout just over 5k poss 5200

Back