• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Common Civic Faults

Wee update: Managed to fit my girly hands through the passenger compartment and reached the heater selector. Indeed the cable was out of place, slided the sucker back in place, tested the selector and revolved normaly. Alas the problem wasn`t solved yet. I messed around a bit and managed to induce tepid air. Moreover the switch (don`t know what else to call it) in the firewall, which ever place i moved it to didn`t seem to make any difference, allthough the hoses from and to the heater matrix where hot. I will continue to update this as i go on. Any thoughts will be much appreciated lads. cheers!

Alarm is an easy fix. I slackened the bolt underneath the rear sensor just enough to be able to move the aerial on the roof slightly.
Spray Dry Motorcycle chain lube under there and tighten the bolt.

It will stop water getting through.

steering dosnt feel right.

My steering when going aroud 20-30mph seems to wander slighty and pull to the left. Its almost jerky and feelss really light then stabilises again. It doesn't happen when going at speed or say 50-60mph. Its really bugging me, advice would be greatly appreciated.

steering dosnt feel right.

My steering when going aroud 20-30mph seems to wander slighty and pull to the left. Its almost jerky and feelss really light then stabilises again. It doesn't happen when going at speed or say 50-60mph. Its really bugging me, advice would be greatly appreciated.

I had a similar experience with my EP3, jerky steering and tramlining a lot more than I thought should be normal. I booked it in for the first service and MOT I'd had done since owning the car from October last year and they replaced both 'front lower arm bushes with anti roll bar drop links', the bushes etc were all very badly worn. New front tyres as well which I knew were very low but had worn unevenly because of this issue with the bushes, one of the arms I believe also had play in it which they sorted. Since then the car has been much less prone to tramline or jerk the steering around, I don't think it will every fully go as it's a side effect of stiff sidewalls on low profile tyres.

Not to scare you but this service did cost me just over £1600 with some other work done as well, but I'd say it's worth getting it into a Honda garage and looked at.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have fault with my window regulator. The cable is mangled and is making a crunching sound, so not touching the window until I get parts now. I have taken the door card off. Can I just take the window out and unbolt the regulator and slide it out? Or is it riverted on? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Hi guys, hoping I'm in the right group but desperate for help
Hoping you can share some advice on this... I've got a problem that's developed, so when I wash the car ie: jet wash, or if it rains extremely heavy my door locks, the alarm and indicator go nuts. My door key also stops remotely unlocking and locking to. once it's dried out it all goes back to normal like it's never happened. I've had it plugged in as it's happening and it says the icmu unit is faulty as well as the ultra sonic sensors. But again once its dried out no faults what so ever appear. I've replaced the battery in the key so that rules that out. However the car will still start, run and drive fine when the problem is happening. Would just like to add I can't not find any damp or moisture within the car what so ever dry as a bone, the same can be said behind the scuttle panel as I've checked. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks Russ

Some wheel offsets cause knocking on the rear left (and right?) side when turning with steering wheel fully to either side, cause theres some reinforcement bar there. Its fixed by spacers or different wheels.

Wee update: Managed to fit my girly hands through the passenger compartment and reached the heater selector. Indeed the cable was out of place, slided the sucker back in place, tested the selector and revolved normaly. Alas the problem wasn`t solved yet. I messed around a bit and managed to induce tepid air. Moreover the switch (don`t know what else to call it) in the firewall, which ever place i moved it to didn`t seem to make any difference, allthough the hoses from and to the heater matrix where hot. I will continue to update this as i go on. Any thoughts will be much appreciated lads. cheers!

Did you ever resolve this? I have the same exact problem on my EP3 :rolleyes:

Back