• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Where to get your windows tinted

smeg

Needs to get laid - PRONTO!
This thread has been put together by me, as an aid to those who want to have their windows tinted.

The following list are places that have been recommended to me by other members of this forum.

Places in England:

1-2tint.com
Studio 2
Baines Way
Bowthorpe
Norwich
Norfolk
NR5 9JR

Tel: 01603 749999

Fastgut said:
Unit 8. Not sure of the address etc. Feel free to delete this post.

Yep had good reports of Stevie :D

Details:

Unit 8
Railway Road Ind. Est.
Railway Road
Darwen
Lancashire
BB3 3EH

Tel: 01254 702888
web: www.unit-8.co.uk

Also had my first Civic done with these guys, really good as well

Tint R
Unit 1 Vernon Place
Northern Court
Basford
Nottingham
NG6 0DE

Phone - 0115 967 6575
Mobile - 0797 384 6236
E-Mail - [email protected]
web - www.tintr.co.uk

Re: Where to get your windows tinted.

smeg said:
This thread has been put together by me, as an aid to those who want to have their windows tinted.

The following list are places that have been recommended to me by other members of this forum.

Places in England:

1-2tint.com
Studio 2
Baines Way
Bowthorpe
Norwich
Norfolk
NR5 9JR

Any idea of prices mate ??

baker71 said:
I've juat had my 3 rear windows tinted by these guys, Very friendly and a great price £100.
Infinity FX, Bristol area - Portishead ask for James.
http://www.radisol-client.co.uk/car-window-tinting/index.htm

That link doesnt seem to work for me, interested though as i might drive up for that price.

Would they do anyones for £100, or was that mates rates to you? How are your tints, no bubbles/creases? :D

Re: Where to get your windows tinted.

smeg said:

Places in England:

1-2tint.com
Studio 2
Baines Way
Bowthorpe
Norwich
Norfolk
NR5 9JR

Five minutes away from me that place :)

Supreme Tinting

22 Tyne Road,
Sandy,
Bedfordshire
SG19 1SA

Good friend of mine, does an exceptional job, tell him Darren sent you !!

L & M Window Tinting

25 Harrison Close,
South Wigston,
Leicester,
LE18 4ZL

www.tinter.co.uk

Very friendly, guaranteed, charged £75 for the 3 rear windows.
(See also my post "My first mod" in the styling section)

Tint R
Unit 1 Vernon Place
Northern Court
Basford
Nottingham
NG6 0DE

Phone - 0115 967 6575
Mobile - 0797 384 6236
E-Mail - [email protected]
web - www.tintr.co.uk

had my first CTR done there was £150 for all the lot and he makes a really top job too 8)[/quote]

Tint-r did my rear windows in June 07, drove home to see a funny shade in rear window. So when I got home took a closer look to see black marker on the glass to hide where they had cut the film short I was far from impressed:eek::evil:. On closer inspection I found this on all three-rear windows:evil: so I took the car back. They removed all the film and did it again, 2 windows are 95% mint but passenger rear quarter once dried shows it is full of dirt (suspect glue from not cleaning window properly) and to be honest its very poor would say 50% at best due to the glue which covers a large area of small bits all over the window. So contacted Richard at tint-r who said it was in reasonable tolerance limits:evil::lol::evil:.

Quote from tint r website

Effects of Poor Quality Film & Installation:
Trapped Dirt and Debris Looks Bad
Trapped dirt and debris is a trademark of poor quality installation. We know installation can be very difficult under adverse conditions that’s why factory authorised Llumar installers are trained to use the best techniques in the industry. Professional installations from Llumar dealerships meet strict quality standards and are guaranteed

Now my rear window is full of the above and as Richard say’s it’s a good job I asked him if he would like to photo my windows and showcase them on his website to which he declined:eek:

Conclusion is tint-r rush your car they did my windows in 45minutes and that’s why they are crap!
[FONT=&quot]WOULD NOT USE AGAIN VERY POOR JOB ON CLOSER INSPECTION[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone in the central southern area south coast tints in southampton get my reccomendation. I had my EP3 done by them and the finish is fantastic. very difficult to tell that it isnt dipped glass like the premier has and a very close match for the tint on those.

Address is

South Coast Tints Ltd
Unit 13 Longbridge Industrial Park,
Floating Bridge Road,
Southampton
SO14 3FL

palces in guildford/surrey??

Hey guys anyone know any good places near guildford in surrey??

Back