• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Suspension for beginners

I found these two specs for stock 2004 EP3 geometry,which is correct?:)

Factory settings should be:

Camber Front = 0°00' +or- 45'
Camber Rear = -0°45' +or- 45'
Caster Front = 1°33' +or- 1°

Total Toe Front = 0 +or-3 mm
Rear Adjust = Toe In 2mm +2 or-1 mm

Or

Front -0°18'
Rear -0°53'
Caster -1°40'

Front 0.0 mm
Rear in 2.0 mm

Which is best setting for stock suspension for 2004 EP3?

Going alignment next week..

Thanks!:)

If i wanted a fast road set up on my FN2 type R would i need to buy camber bolts or anything like that ? or can you have the FRSU done without buying anything?
thanks.

You need camber bolts for the front and Shims for the rear. But you can get the garage you chose to supply the parts

I have found a new setup which is meant to be the best, im toying with the idea of having it on mine to try.

-1 camber all round
0.05 toe in all round

i currently run

-1.2 camber front
-1 camber rear
toe is out as i have fitted a new rack so getting it adjusted tomorrow morning

Best for what usage?

You don't want toe in on the front IMHO, it's going to dull the turn in.

Apparently its the best for grip so track i guess.
If its not going to be better than the original frsu then i will stick to the normal specs

my camber is set as above which i will stick with for the minute, just need toe adjusting now i have put in a new rack

For track use you want plenty of negative camber up front, increase the castor (castor increase bushes or castor adjusting top mounts) and a little toe out.
As for the rear you don't want too much camber. Toe in gives stability but will cause a little understeer. Toe out does the opposite.
For road/track I use.

Front
Camber -2.0°
Toe out 0.5mm

Rear
Camber -1.5°
Toe 0mm

This is with coilovers (height 5-10mm lower on front), castor increase bushes, roll centre adjusters, rack raiser bracket, modified steering arms.

The majority of people go for the "fast road setup".

The settings are:

1 degree neg camber all round
2mm toe in at rear
1mm toe out at front

Hi, I'd like to know if 2mm toe in at rear means 1mm in on the left, and 1mm in on the right.. or 2mm in on both sides?

thanks.

I've got -1.3 all around for a car that's weekend and track use only.

I've seen people with -2+ front and -1.5 rear camber.

Beat bet would be to find out what the civic cup lads recommend as they have been setting some good lap times around the various circuits they have been to!

Back