• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Suspension for beginners

Anyone know where I can get my geo setup for frsu? I'm in Leeds would quick fit do. Also what set up would be good for track days and road use. I'm seeing different adjustments people are doing. thanks

By converting 2mm Toe in rear and 1mm toe out front to degrees.

Result gave me 2mm = 0.265 deg and 1mm = 0.133 deg?

Are these right? Or am I missing something? Also I'm using evo 8 enkei's which are 17's x 8j.

Thanks!

The size of the wheels doesn't make any difference. You'll have a wider track but the angle of the wheel is unaltered by its width.

I've not looked up the figures in degrees but they looks right.

If I'm just fitting 15mm eibach prokit springs and having a fast road seup, will I require camber bolts and rear control arms?

If I'm just fitting 15mm eibach prokit springs and having a fast road seup, will I require camber bolts and rear control arms?

If it's an EP3/DC5/FD2 you will need camber bolts and rear camber arms to adjust the camber and you can't do FRSU without adjusting camber.

If it's an FN2 you need camber bolts for the front and shims for the rear.

Hi guys new to all this ... Need some help I am so confused, can I lower the ep3 CTR on springs without having camber bolts and arms , will be on stardard ep3 wheels and I just want to lower the car on springs. Can this be done without any other modifications or parts.

Hi guys new to all this ... Need some help I am so confused, can I lower the ep3 CTR on springs without having camber bolts and arms , will be on stardard ep3 wheels and I just want to lower the car on springs. Can this be done without any other modifications or parts.

It can physically be done yes, you can then reset the toe on the front and rear using the tie rod end adjustment on the front and cam bolts on the rear, but you won't be able to adjust the camber and therein the problem lies as you could be left with some serious camber depending on what springs you go for.

Check grinspeed and abp out. They usually have some good packages. Totally transforms the car the frsu.

Hi guys I've installed Tein street advance coil overs, and the rear coils are making a sqeaking noise like metal against rubber I have sprayed silicon spray but still same noise any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

So i'm getting really confused with this but I'm looking to fully upgrade the suspension/handling over the next few months.
I'm looking for anything that i've missed or yous think is essential.
so far:
Full bushing kit?
J's strut (front and rear)
MeisterR ZetaCRD+
Skunk2 rear control arms
Skunk2 rear/front camber kit
Buddyclub Roll centre adjuster
Progress 24mm Rear Anti Roll Bar
Fast road setup - TGM

Thanks in advance

Ask TGM what they recommend. What you get done depends on what you are going to use it for. For example it is very easy to ruin a road car if it is too stiff and fidgety...

Sorry, I know this post is old, but having a FRSU done, would this affect the wear on the tyres? As there will be negative camber and toe would be adjusted.

Very informative thread but I still have a question on the fn2 rear shims. As they came out the factory within a tolerance if I was supplying and fitting the springs, front camber bolts and rear shims would I have to take different angled shims also so they can be changed to get the correct setting or could I just fit the .5 ° one's and they will be correct?

As I'm in South Wales I was going to take it to a local garage that does 4 wheel tracking unless someone can recommend somewhere within an hour's drive of Pontypool?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Indigo GT if you don't fancy a longer drive. It's only suspension, so to be honest any decent tyre place with a 4 wheel alignment rig can do it, I use my local tyre shop in Gloucester.

Back