• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Suspension for beginners

my local place wants £160 to setup the frsu! seemed pretty steep to me, what ballpark are others paying for this?

and thats just adjusting, will be fitting springs bolts and arms myself

tidy that seems a lot more like it. well ive buzzed tdi thurrock an email for a ballpark quote, see what they say aye, cheers

has anyone had a fast road set up without lowering the only reason i ask is that i have really high speed bumps around me and if i dont crawl over them it will hit my eaxhaust (piper 2.5inch cat back) and will just the frsu make a good difference

Yes it will help a lot, obviously won't be as good without the springs.

yer am gutted about not being able to lower but a tear comes to my eye when i forget to crawl over the humps:(

well i surpose the next thing to do is find somone who does it in south wales if any one nows info will be greatly appreciated :D

chris just emailed a tuning company in wales for frsu they they can fit my parts but the geo would be returned to standard as its the best set up?? but they can alter it if i don't like it what's that all about

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

1 degree neg camber all round
2mm toe in at rear
1mm toe out at front

does anyone know what these settings are in minutes? [unit the machine measures in]

So does 2mm toe in at rear, mean total of 0.20 minutes toe in across the whole rear, or 0.20 minutes either side giving a total of 0.40 minutes rear toe in total? Likewise for front, which I gather is total 20 minutes toe out across the front, so 0.10 toe out either side?

question... when you say 1 deg negative camber, is that total? so -0.5 each side? or is each side -1.0?

*edit* never mind just saw the picture above :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone got the fast road setup figures in degrees rather that mm now? The tyre place we use at work can do it just need the figures I need to set them to.

So, at the front I'd have a total toe of 8' toe out so 4' each side and the rear I'll have a total toe in of 16' and 8' each side

Back