• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

polish your knob

I'm sure it is covered under the 'How to' section

Yes they do Tom, in a couple of threads but i was asking a general question on whether people find them hard to fit or easy like it looks in the how-to guides.

Don't want it to be a case of the old, "that looks easy i'll do it!" 4 hours later, "wish i'd never started this i hate it, too hard!"

Lol. :);)

Sorry. Simple yes or no answer would suit me. Wasn't after 'thread jacking' or any other bulls**t comments!

Last edited by a moderator:
I imagine it is a "i bet i can do this" and have it turn into a complete nightmare unless of course you are familiar with auto electrics then it does seem fairly straight forward

just done mine by hand, thanks guys!! :)

51acfd79.jpg

Right guys. I started this tonight with some 240 grade paper and it's taking aaaaaaages. I'm using a battery drill which doesn't spin that fast but I really can't see how you lot get it so chrome like? I have 400 then 800 followed finally with 1200. Is the first bit the hardest where you need to remove the lacquer fist cus that bit really is taking a while to remove it all.

Well ive done it peeps. I stopped short on the 1200 grade paper as 1. i couldn't be bothered to sand any more. 2. i didnt want the completely chrome look. Here is a pic for your enjoyment :p.

img1523ou.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

by the way, just so you know the knob does dull down quite alot after a few weeks of use. If this happens just apply a little more autosol :)

I've just done this myself on my DC5 knob :) To try and protect the finish, I've added a few layers of laquer too. I'll give it a couple of weeks to cure, then get some rubbing compound on it to remove the orange-peel effect:

2ufssnq.jpg

Going to give mine ago today while cleaning my car! Wish me luck and I will upload photos when it's done :)

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Back