• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

"Grammar Time"

Mossy

Loves his re-re-reposts
OK

Now that the site has been up for over a month, i thought i'd point out a couple of things i've noticed on the Forum index :wink:

Engine Mods:
"Throttle boddies" should be "throttle bodies"

Faults section:
"Got a problem with you car" should be "Got a problem with your car"

Insurance:
"make sure you got the right cover" should be "make sure you've got the right cover"

Classifieds section:
Not all goods are car related in here

Jokes section:
"amusing items you may find". All the other tag lines advise what threads should be post in that specific section (i.e. pictures = post pictures and links in here). Assuming this is the same, to start a thread in this section, you will have already found/heard the item, so "may find" is inappropriate (if you haven't found it, you won't post it). If it is to describe whats found in this section, how about "Items you may find amusing"?

:getcoat:

yes I am bored at work! Feel free to remove/delete/ignore/flame

Mossy said:
Jokes section:
All the other tag lines advise what threads should be post in that specific section

Shouldn't that read "All the other tag lines advise what threads should be posted in the specific section? :?: :-k

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorted!

I have been meaning to correct Chris's mistakes but never got round to it.

:lol:

Mossy said:
If it is to describe whats found in this section, how about "Items you may find amusing"?

*ahem* If it is to describe what's found in this section ....

:wink:

Jeez I hope that's right ... otherwise I'm gonna be :oops:

VikJ said:
Mossy said:
Jokes section:
All the other tag lines advise what threads should be post in that specific section

Shouldn't that read "All the other tag lines advise what threads should be posted in the specific section? :?: :-k

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Not too sure - OK, so posted was an error (changed my sentence 1/2 way through), but I think "in that specific section" sounds better than "in the specific section" (when you read the whole sentence) as I am referring implicitly to the tag line under the section headings....

Anyway, my mistake will only be seen by the 15 or so ppl who will look at this thread, not by everyone - even if no one other than me & smeg noticed/realised it!!!

Cat said:
Jeez I hope that's right ... otherwise I'm gonna be :oops:

Cat - go away :wink:

How many times did you re-read your sentence to ensure it was correct? Although I didn't realise that it is correct to have a space between "right" and "..."

Mossy said:
Faults section:
"Got a problem with you car" should be "Got a problem with your car?"
I shouldn't have been such a pedant. I've just checked and it already has the question mark.

:oops:

WRumbled said:
Mossy said:
Faults section:
"Got a problem with you car" should be "Got a problem with your car?"
I shouldn't have been such a pedant. I've just checked and it already has the question mark.

:oops:
OK everyone - stop it now!!! We're all as bad (or as good) as each other.

(although there are a couple of tag lines with a full stop/question mark!!!)

smeg said:
Sorted!

I have been meaning to correct Chris's mistakes but never got round to it.

:lol:

Oh ha fooking ha! I did set the whole lot up on night shift so I was fooked!

In Stolen cars I don't think an apostrophe is needed in "Area's to watch out for" :wink:

Back