• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2000 & NSX Fitted Spoon ECU last night (s2000)

SSEL

Approved Trader
Got bored and fitted the Sports Computer to my car last night

Very pleased with the improvement, more torque in the mid range and just goes wild when you hit the magical 5'800 rpm

No problems with fitting, took all of about 15 mins before we were running the engine again

Anthony

typerkid said:
Quick Question, is yours a JDM S2K?

I ask, as this might explain why it was so quick.

Mike

Alright Mike,

i'm 99% sure Ants S2k is a JDM car :D

I have to admit to a little trouble fitting into the drivers seat of an S2K. :x

As a passenger I expect I could slip in very easy - any chance you could bring the "S" to a meet and give old Scouse a little "Taster" of the baby? :twisted:

HASNIC said:
typerkid said:

Mike

Alright Mike,

That explains why it ran ok, no immobiliser system to bypass like on Euro spec cars... also JDM's don't have the unique Honda bolt holding the ECU in place.

typerkid said:
HASNIC said:
typerkid said:

Mike

Alright Mike,

That explains why it ran ok, no immobiliser system to bypass like on Euro spec cars... also JDM's don't have the unique Honda bolt holding the ECU in place.

Ah ok, any reason why they would use different bolts to hold the ECU between the two cars?

HASNIC said:
typerkid said:
HASNIC said:
typerkid said:

Mike

Alright Mike,

Ah ok, any reason why they would use different bolts to hold the ECU between the two cars?

To stop people playing with them!

Just like the 06 ECU's --- Tamper proof plastic seal key on them!

typerkid said:
HASNIC said:
typerkid said:
HASNIC said:
typerkid said:

Mike

Alright Mike,

To stop people playing with them!

Just like the 06 ECU's --- Tamper proof plastic seal key on them!

Mike, obviously being an enthusiast would you not say with Honda seemigly making their newer cars harder and harder to mod with tamper proof seals, extra sensors and the sort do you view it as Honda shooting themselves in the foot with regards to the tuning scene? Surely they must realise the popluarity of the brand in the scene and that by making it harder will start to minimise its appeal? Or do you think that people will always find a way regardless of a manufacturers efforts?

Mike

Yeh, think they are ment to have about 11 hp more than UK spec - I wanted one because it is white

As a passenger I expect I could slip in very easy - any chance you could bring the "S" to a meet and give old Scouse a little "Taster" of the baby?

Sure, I'm iching to get it to a meet, just been to busy recently!!

How much?

It came to about 10'000 all in, all vat, all tests, tax and mot

The immobiliser is easy to bypass on the 00 - 04 Uk cars. Ecu connector A, pin 15 (green and yellow wire) take a spur off the wire and ground to the chassis of the car. MY05 cars are more complicated, the harnesses have had a jumble up so i'm designing a loom at the moment.

I must take some pictures of my car!!!

Anthony

Sorry i meant the price for the Ecu? 8) Recently fitted spoon manifold and N1 and have got my induction sorted so its looking like the next step.

Trung said:
Have you tried Spoon ECU on EP3?

I do have a test ECU that we are in the progress of testing but it runs open loop so we are not happy with it :?

Has shown some good figures and it would be the right price

Anthony

Fitted the N1 muffler kit and de-cat pipe today

I can now officially pretend that I'm a fighter piolt :twisted: sounds nuts and the gains are... well :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :smt096

I'll remove the resonator box and air box baffles tomorrow, it will then be ready for the scoop to be fitted

Got a few more tasty bits coming for it tomorrow hopfully with some other stuff to clear some back orders

Anthony

SSEL said:
Trung said:

I do have a test ECU that we are in the progress of testing but it runs open loop so we are not happy with it :?

Mugen ECU also runs open loop.
Was the test done on a UK EP3?
If so, would this be exactly the same as a Mugen ECU where you have to re-wire everything and loose the immobiliser?

Trung said:
SSEL said:
Trung said:

Mugen ECU also runs open loop.
Was the test done on a UK EP3?
If so, would this be exactly the same as a Mugen ECU where you have to re-wire everything and loose the immobiliser?

that is correct,

we are working on somethign completely different to what spoon initally sent us

Anthony

Back