• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

!!!Crimbo forum Awards!!!

Seen quite a few of users having these now;
(under there forum name, and only certain users)

'Forum Clown'
'Forum piss head'

when did these come about? how do you get one? and how about, moderators, we do a yearly thing were we all can vote on who has what? and introduce some new ones like:-

'Forum Chav'
'Forum Gandalf'
'Forum big daddy!'

sound like a good idea mods?

could call it the 'Crimbo forum awards' do it every year then around this time?!?! :?: :idea: :wink:

dont forget it was my idea! :p

You have to earn the name above your avatar. 8) :wink:

We did a similar thing on CTRO for JAE.

i know, i thought i'd introduce somenew catergorys! :wink:

and maybe have them anounced at crimbo?!?!?

clawz said:
i know, i thought i'd introduce somenew catergorys! :wink:

and maybe have them anounced at crimbo?!?!?

Well if its all for fun i dont see why not.

See what admin says when they see this later.

At the moment, I and Smeg put people down for what we think is funny - as long as the member is happy with it.

Also, if someone donates then they can have a "rank" added of their choice.

The yearly awards thing does sound appealing, however it might prove a tad difficult to administer.

i dont think it would be, if we keep a post with the record of who is what then it could work! :D

clawz said:
i dont think it would be, if we keep a post with the record of who is what then it could work! :D

Draft up some ideas, PM them to Smeg along with a pointer to this thread, as I'm not around much in the run up to crimbo.

I got your PM clawz :wink:

The possibilities are endless to what you can have writted under your actual username. But there is of course going to have to be a limit to what we can have. :)

For example Alex Gosney having 'forum clown' under his username was just started as a joke and I was going to remove it. But it's there to stay now :p

When you say you would like them to be announced at xmas, would these new titles be for good for that member? Or is it just a festive thing?

It's good for a bit of fun and the more fun on this forum the better. But also remember this place is also a serious place. Sometimes in general chat it can even be serious :lol:

So what do we do now?

Get a list of say 20 titles and then run a poll? I'm not quite sure how you'd decide who gets what?

cor 20! blimey! i cant think of that many! :?

i was thinking that they could stay throughout the year then change every year, we could put all the suggestions on one post, get the members to pick who they want as what, then cut and paste into a email, i'll take all the mails and sort out the votes if you like, cos i'm sure you've got enough on your hands. i'll then post the results then you guys (mods) could make the changes!? :D

i'm up for it! :D

clawz said:
cor 20! blimey! i cant think of that many! :?

i was thinking that they could stay throughout the year then change every year, we could put all the suggestions on one post, get the members to pick who they want as what, then cut and paste into a email, i'll take all the mails and sort out the votes if you like, cos i'm sure you've got enough on your hands. i'll then post the results then you guys (mods) could make the changes!? :D

i'm up for it! :D

By all means go ahead with it mate :D

Just keep me upto date with how it's going :wink:

By the way I just said 20 new titles as guide. :)

I bet you could easily get 20 different title suggestions from folk on the forum. :wink:

will do then Mr smeg sir! :wink:

will start soon then! :wink:
have to think of some titles first, will put the first post up tommorrow, and take it from there! will start the voting at the start of november then, give it a month then anounce the results soon after :D

so im taking charge of this then smeg until we get the results?

wow my first forum responsibilty! :twisted:

Back