• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Petrol prices in your area

Loxy, first 2 pumps sell super at sainburys in bamber bridge. 1.09.9 I paid on Friday!

Sainsburys super, now that's wasting money. Rather use vpower or momentum even if extra few p's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheapest I paid for shell v power was 1.12 per litre at the moment paying 1.19 looks like its going back up.

Last edited by a moderator:
nearly filled the tank with V-Power this morning at a Shell garage, until I saw how much they were charging per litre over regular unleaded. I managed to stop at £20.02, paid up and drove off.

Their prices were;

Regular Unleaded 115.9
V-Power Unleaded 134.9

I sent an email to Shell when I got to work expressing my disgust at being ripped-off!

A whole £7.60 something difference for 40 litres, not going to break the band really. But I do agree that V Power is a rip off, when Tesco 99 is always much cheaper.

Shell V-power is 1.25 for me, would never use Tesco 99 as it has a reputation for burning valves and running very hot.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Shell V-power is 1.25 for me, would never use Tesco 99 as it has a reputation for burning valves and running very hot.

Any credible source for this or is it just conjecture?

I've been using it for over 10 years in a variety of cars and have never had an issue with it.

Any credible source for this or is it just conjecture?

I've been using it for over 10 years in a variety of cars and have never had an issue with it.
Engine builder I used mate, not saying it's set in stone just what I was advised. Shell is much closer to me anyway so I always use that

Petrol prices in your area.

As far as I can work out Tesco's momentum 99 is their regular 95 fuel with 5% ethanol added to boost the octane number. I hope they throw some of the cleaning additives in too but I can't find online if they do or not.

That means that like all supermarket fuel if you only do short journeys with it your engine won't like it. I've been using momentum 99 for about 6 months now and I've definitely seen an improvement in mpg over standard petrol. There's quite an interesting Millbrook test report linked on the Tesco PFS website giving a comparison between the Tesco 95 and 99 fuels and generic other ones - it actually seems to be partially dependent on which car is being tested what the effects are. But that mpg wise there's not much difference between the two 99's, but deposit on the valves/injectors wise momentum is not as good as the other 99 RON.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tesco 99 is 10p a litre less than Shell VPower around here and for some reason the Stagea seems to do more miles per tank on Tesco than Shell, not complaining though.

Tesco 99 is 10p a litre more than Shell VPower around here and for some reason the Stagea seems to do more miles per tank on Tesco than Shell, not complaining though.

Weird, I've never seen Tesco 99 being more expensive than VPN+.

Ugh, brainfart, Tesco is 10p a litre less than Shell, sorry!

:D

I exclusively use VPN+ now, it's a better fuel than T99 and for what little mileage I do, I don't mind the extra. That said I've never had an issue with T99.

:D

I exclusively use VPN+ now, it's a better fuel than T99 and for what little mileage I do, I don't mind the extra. That said I've never had an issue with T99.
I'll use either, depending on what happens to be closer at the time as it's the weekend/fun car and doesn't often get a full tank of fuel.

I have heard a rumour and I stress rumour that VPN+ may not be 99?

Just filled up with Shell V power as i was running on vapours, filled the tank then spotted it came to £64.27. Then saw it was 134.9p per litre. Will be using Tesco momentum from now on!

Back