• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Manchester CTR owners beware!! UPDATE

Had a few attempts at my house for the keys also :roll:
Seems to be happening all over the UK :roll:

I've got a course coming up in Manchester (Interquad) near to MUFC ground? What do you Manchester people think? Will I be alright in the motor around that part of town?

Poor Hatto, that's really nasty. :( :( :evil: Glad that he wasn't hurt though, it could have been loads worse...

plasmaman said:
I've got a course coming up in Manchester (Interquad) near to MUFC ground?
I live about 5 minutes away from the MUFC ground and Hatto lives near there too. But touch wood, I haven't had any trouble.

Shit thats really bad :shock:

Sometimes i'm grad of where i live as the car crime is very low

This is a bloody disgrace, and it`s come to something when things are now so bad that you get people at your front door with weapons, demanding entry.

What`s it going to be next "Oh, I believe you`ve just bought a new Plasma TV, so we`re here to collect it, there`s a good chap"

It`s about time the Government put a deterrent back into Society to stop this sort of thing happening.

How bad does it have to get before they`ll do something ? :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm really sorry to hear of this, and it is becoming abit too common now.

As a result of all these stories, I have an old solid wood bed post next to my bed just incase. Living in a first floor flat is a deterent in itself I recon :wink:

plasmaman said:
I've got a course coming up in Manchester (Interquad) near to MUFC ground? What do you Manchester people think? Will I be alright in the motor around that part of town?

I'm doing the 2003 MCSE with them but at their London branch.

Thats a fookin disgrace, luckily for myself the car crime round here is pretty low,just got to watch out for chavs keying it!! :evil:

Shame that he couldnt just open the door and "cap" their asses!! :evil: :twisted:

Im off upto Manchester today to meet up with a friend,may end up staying over night, bit worried now. But then i suppose,it could happen anywhere, if somebody wants what you have, they will do anything to get it :roll:

He's got it back!!

Hatto said:
... after being hijacked thursday before last, my ctr was found parked up wednesday night in Sale (Manchester) on the side of the road outside some flats.

Still got my private reg on it, and completely undamaged!

Still got my aftermarket head unit in it, - only thing gone is a wallet of cds!

Now if anyone can explain that, then they're a better detective than me!

The police had it tonight to fingerprint it, and i've got it back a few hours ago. Taken it for a 'spirited' drive, and all seems to be fine. Going from my memory i reckon there's no more than about 90miles on the clock.

I'm still not entirely sure whether it's good news or not. I will still probably claim on the insurance because changing the locks will cost £470, plus over £100 for the storage fees at the garage where they kept it the last two nights. Plus say £70 worth of cds, and my briefcase (which they kindly emptied before taking it out of the car!).
But now this means i've got the hassle of selling the thing!

My only thought is that they nicked the car to order, but then found that they could no longer sell it on to who they planned. So ditched it there. Still seems very bizarre though.

Nyseria, any ideas? Do you think you might be able to ask around to see if there's anything else i've not been told? I only had a very brief chat with a policewoman on the phone about it, but she didn't know anything other than where it was found.

Back