• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

steering wheel lock

I have a silver disklock. I think they're worth it, just keep the key seperate from your car key for obvious reasons. :wink:

I've got a silver disklok too. Anything like this is a deterent nowdays. The way I see it if my car was parked next to one without a disklok thieves are gonna go for that one rather than mine.

However I'd say that without keys the CTR is pretty hard to nick anyway.

craigiusmaximus said:
Jap Tart said:
However I'd say that without keys the CTR is pretty hard to nick anyway.

i hope so im just not too sure how good the standard alarm system is...

Just take fuse 6 with you every time you leave your car :lol:

craigiusmaximus said:
Neily03 said:
craigiusmaximus said:
nice idea that! 8)

Bit of a pain in the arse to do every time you leave the car though! :roll:

was thinking more if i had to leave it for say a week......or 2??? :wink:

Thats what I do. Would be a pain in the backside if you lost it though :oops:

Jap Tart said:
Will the alarm still work with the lack of fuse?!

Not too sure to be fully honest.

Might have a play this afternoon if I get get myself away from Footy Manager 06 :oops:

Call me stupid but i don't really think that any form of lock will stop a top thief from nicking your motor, if they want it they will have it. :evil:

Steering locks are more of a deterent for older cars that can be started without the key eg Novas Fiestas etc.

IMO a "have a go" thief wouldn't even bother with a new car nowadays.

I have one of the older style yellow bar ones for the DC5

It's all about making the car look secure! We all know that if they want it they'll get it, but at least I hope it makes them think twice :D

As a £45 deterrent (Costco) i think the silver disklok is a worthwhile investment - although TBH, I keep it in the boot, and only use it when parked in "dodgy areas"

Back