• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cheap tyres, post 'em here.

Just seen your post mate, i know it was a few months ago but at the mo i'm looking at £120 each for 040's!!
Where did you get yours from, i'm very near to you!

Cheers bud

Just seen your post mate, i know it was a few months ago but at the mo i'm looking at £120 each for 040's!!
Where did you get yours from, i'm very near to you!

Cheers bud

Hi mate

I've used Martins Tyres in West End for quite a few years. It's a couple of hundred meters down Brentmoor road.

Cheers

Just got a pair of Toyo T1Rs fitted and balanced at £82.25 each-

Denton Tyre Centre
Unit 3, Sheffield St, Carlisle CA2 5DT

01228 522033

They're a sh!t tyre. :lol:

In your opinion
Each to their own
Not defending him or the tyre, just fed up of so many tyre arguments recently.

Peoples choices are subject to their own opinion. You ever used spec 2's Chris??

Buy what you want. If you don't like it. You'll know for next time.

In your opinion
Each to their own
Not defending him or the tyre, just fed up of so many tyre arguments recently.

Peoples choices are subject to their own opinion. You ever used spec 2's Chris??

Buy what you want. If you don't like it. You'll know for next time.

I had them on my DC5 and they're on the front of my DC2 at the moment so I have a fair amount of experience with them. They're fine in the dry, but atrocious in the wet and cold, which it is most of the time in the UK.

i had 4 on my delsol and to confirm they are exactly as you said, bloody awsome when warmed up though

Fair one Chris
Some people make comments like That and have never even tried them.

I had them on my R26
Couldn't fault them tbh

Who drives at the limit in the wet anyway

Who drives at the limit in the wet anyway

This is true, very true, but from my experience, they've been pretty poo compared to other tyres I've tried. Let's put it this way, if I were buying a new set, they wouldn't even be on my short-list. Even when driving steady, they have given me nothing but complete understeer.

I get nothing but understeer from my re040s in anything but dry weather!

Yeah I don't like them either.

I've tried:

Falken FK452
Parada Spec 2
RE040
RE050A
Good Year Eagle F1

RE050A are the best, although most expensive. I also like FK452 and the Eagle's. PS2 are just lol as are RE050A in British weather.

A few people on here have had problems with camskill, no delivery, wrong product delivered etc. Just to let you know chap.

Back