Home
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide to the Gruppe M - please read before posting!

Thanks

I think I'll use the GruppeM one to get me up and running, and while the OEM one is off the car I'll measure it up and chop/fill it as per the instructions in this thread over a period of a few days.

Had both scuttle panels replaced today under warranty (they weren't flush) and the passenger side one isn't even flush with the windscreen! Crap quality

Thanked 3,219 Times in 2,081 Posts

Si the the cowel/scoop thingy that causes the problems with the Gruppe M? Would a Stainless steel/titanium make things better? As well as looking good. If so I might be able to get these made......

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey
    Si the the cowel/scoop thingy that causes the problems with the Gruppe M? Would a Stainless steel/titanium make things better? As well as looking good. If so I might be able to get these made......
    It's the scuttle panel really that's the problem.

The GruppeM one is reputed to be a bad fit, and is gloss black (so it won't match the drivers side one). Cutting/filling the standard one requires a measure of technical ability above just installing the air filter.

If you were going to offer a titanium/stainless steel alternative it would either have to be in two pieces (so that it doesn't look out of place), or a single piece that spans the whole windscreen, with the appropriate GruppeM recess in.

Not sure the reasons Honda splits the scuttle panel into two parts, maybe theres some technical reason for it?

Also while Im on the subject - the GruppeM kit comes with a short bit of foam which looks like its some kind of vibration stopper or something. The installation sheet mentions it in the parts list, but it doesn't say anywhere what you need to do with it? Am I right in thinking it goes between the bracket and the heat shield to stop vibrations?

Can someone post the correct CamLock type quick release bolts for the GruppeM pls?

I thought it was somewhere on here recently, but can't find it again
    1987 Ford Fiesta 1.4s >
    1992 Renault 5 GT-Turbo >
    1997 Citroen Saxo VTR >
    2002 Citroen Saxo VTR >
    2002 Honda Civic Type-R >

2002 Honda S2000

Some call it natural progression

Nice write-up Chris...should answer a lot of questions !!

Looks sweet from the outside....also one look tells people you've a GruppeM under the bonnet !!
    '02 Arctic Blue DC5

Default Is It worth it?? AEM cai vs Gruppe M

Hi there, i realise that the Gruppe M is the balls, however £500 is not, with the AEM cai being around £240 is it worth forking out an extra £260? please advise....

You can get the AEM CAI new for £180. Personally I have the CAI and I am very happy with it, it also only produces a few BHP less than the gruppe M. However with the gruppe M you wont have the fear of hydrolock…..

Default Is It worth it?? AEM cai vs Gruppe M

Is hydrolock really common and is it what it think it is?

Default Re: Is It worth it?? AEM cai vs Gruppe M

Quote Originally Posted by PhunkmasterD
    Is hydrolock really common and is it what it think it is?
    Not really but there is always a risk (i've had no problems)

At the end of the day these are the two best systems IMO. The AEM is the cheap and cheerful way of getting max gains, however you have to live with the hydrolock chance. and a great big hole in the engine bay.

The gruppe M has no drawbacks (maybe fitting issues) and gives the best gains (2-3 more than AEM) looks awsome in the engine bay and makes a crazy noise.

Ok cool, well crazy noise sounds great, as do the lack of draw backs, plus my CTR looks like it used to have one as the scuttle pannel is already cut, where should i look to get one (Gruppe M), obviously cheaper the better....any ideas?