• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Advice on keeping your car safe

Ive heard of that kind of thing in relation to Type Rs. One of the downsides of having a car that unsavoury characters are attracted to I guess. My doors are locked all the time when I'm sat in it and I rarely open my windows out of fear of being dragged out of it. :smt105

Last night in Manchester.

Was coming home last night from the Wigan / Salford rugby match. Noticed that my fuel light was on whilst coming along the east lancs rd. No way was I going to stop at any garages near Salford. Got to Belle Vue Hyde Rd, the Texaco Station was empty so i pulled in signs say Pay First. Still noone on forcourt I start puting my pin in the machine, Smack head looking white guy apears trys looking over my shoulder backed up with a large Afro/Carabean in combat gear. Asian guy at desksays i havn't pressed enter (i had) pushes machine back through. The smack head one thrws a twentyinto the hole and says get me five on the phone card. Mega alarms start ringing in my head Combat man edges closer. Asian say you will have to do it again pushes machine back throughHeroin makes a grab for it, I grab my card and turn to run 2other afros in combat facing me I kick one in the balls and skirt past them. I manage to get in my car and do a smoking start bouncing acoss the pavement /grass vergelookin my rear view to see a Vauxhall estate with a strange reg and odd front lights start following. Ikeep slghtly ahead till the big round about for the Moterways I make as if going towards Stkport but turn of on Hyde Junk they spin theres and follow, Iput my foot down good style and leave for dust don't stop till i get to Glossop call at local Dibble who say go home and cancel your card. Kin close call thought i lost my car and my money so whatch out for similar scams( i am sure the garage guys were in on it was much to pat for my liking.
Snap

My bottle totaly went m8, could not stop shaking when i got home. Four gins and 3x diazipam didnt help either.
Snap

Bloody hell mate. Worth remembering that the fuel light can get you a good 40 miles if you take it easy.

Yep but was getting very near empty, and the place looked deserted so took a stupid risk. Obviously it's somthing these scum have done time and time again. Feel realy tempted to call their bluf sendin a ringer and be ready with a big crew take the fu*kers out big stlye. Bit old for it myself but my brother knows some very handy lads. I am seriously thinking of doing it
Snap

What would you do? leave it let someone else suffer and maybe get realy hurt? , learn by your mistake? or do somthing proactive like teach these scum a leson they will never forget, They havn't a clue who i am and i think they need teaching, but then i am f*cking angry at the moment , because i know i would not have given up my keys or card and therefore know what the consecences would/could have been
Snap

If you are convinced that the staff member was involved then inform the Head Office of the garage network.

The desk guy was definitely in on it.

Think about their miserable, scum hole lives though.
Smack head addict: is as good as dead anyway, and no one will miss him because he'll have robbed or f*cked over anyone who's ever tried to help him out.
Sidekick: no less dismal, being managed by smack head. Neither of them can have any employment potential because if they had, even a minimum wage job would give a better and more reliable yield than that mindless, high risk carry on.

Muppet on the desk: is spending his days working in a garage for a start, and if thats not pointless and soul destroying enough, he's all entangled with these scroats, whether intended or not, who'll never let him shake them off as long as theres any chance of eeking any cash out of the passing visitors. Plus he's at a fixed location, so his days of operation will be numbered, either by the local bigger fish or the police.

For all of them, wrapping their doomed fingers around your cash card and your steering wheel is the only way they can ever sample what you've got, but the second they take it, its rotten, because its not and never will be theirs, and they know it, even if they do briefly 'get away' with it. To them, everyone around them has more, they're desperate. For you, it can and will be yours again and again, your own (earned) pad, your own (earned) car, friends, family, dignity.

The first three you were luckily able to save (bargain) by acting fast and having your health intact, but you protect your invaluable body and the last three by NOT going after them. Save your evil tokens for if and when someone comes after the last three.

You are probably spot on, you seem like you know the place?. I work as a Paramedic in Dukinfield but sometimes end up around there, had a chat with some of the guys who work the Zoo it seems like it is a common occurance in that area. I once did a job in the pub at the back can't remember the name but even taxis will not go there because of it s reputation. It has affected me quite a lot mentaly,:mad: because i am currently of work with PTSD. So you can imagine how it is now. I am scared to go out in my car getting totaly paranoid about the whole thing. Just when things were starting to look better. Like you say their time is coming very soon, they will try ripping off the wrong person and probably end up dead or worse!!!
Snap

Don't worry about it mate, as you say the fookers will get what they deserve.:evil:

I don't know the area, but just wondering why you chose an empty petrol garage as opposed to a busy one knowing its a bit of a rough area?

All the others that were open had dodgy looking scumbags hanging around so I stupidly thought that by going into an empty one I would be safe. As I said earlier I am suffering from PTSD which tends to cloud your judgement on things along with the large amounts of Paroxatine that I am on to deaden the effects of the PTSD. I have been off work for 7months with the above and have been scared to go out alone. However a m8 from works son plays for Wigan and they sent me 2 tickets in the Exec seats at the JJB plus passes for the players lounge. Wife took ill and so Itook brother in law who lives in Ashton /Makerfield, so Iwas ok till i dropped him at home. The rest is what happened after dropping him off. Pity really cause I had an excellent night up to then, seeing my m8s son play (known him since he was 4yrs so I felt privledged seeing him signing autographs and knocking Salford players twice his size on their arses) let my guard down i gues
Snap

I am a copper in west yorkshire so see all the common faults

Never leave sat nav holders on show even if your sat nav is with you, dont even leave the charger hanging out of the lighter for sat nav or phone.

Always sleep with your keys under your pillow!!!!!! Yea seriously cos these scroats will break in your house even when your in, it pains me to go to jobs where people have left their keys on show and some s**t bag has broken in and taken their pride and joy!!!!

Never leave your car running while your de-icing your windows, or even turn your back for a second!!! Comon sense i know, but you would be suprised!!!! Guy i went to drove an SLK 550, nipped in house to get a CD, only a matter of seconds and his car was disappearing down the road.

Lastly dont leave owt on show not even a few pence!!!

Steering wheel lock is good, harder it is and more deterents on show less likely they will have a go!!

I am a copper in west yorkshire so see all the common faults

Always sleep with your keys under your pillow!!!!!! Yea seriously cos these scroats will break in your house even when your in, it pains me to go to jobs where people have left their keys on show and some s**t bag has broken in and taken their pride and joy!!!!

IMO that's awful advice, sleep with them under your pillow and risk them coming to you to get them, with possible force used? Storing them safely in the house, away from you is better in my opinion, I would rather they take the car then put family members at risk by having to come upstairs and into bedrooms to find them.

9/10 these people would never even dream of coming upstairs. Their scrawny little kids who are opportunists. They are not gonna risk coming upstairs when the burglar alarm is screaming!!!!!

9/10 these people would never even dream of coming upstairs. Their scrawny little kids who are opportunists. They are not gonna risk coming upstairs when the burglar alarm is screaming!!!!!

i agree but better still most people have a house alarm so set it when you go to bed.

My CTR locked in locked garage down a drive behind locked gates and a locked works van so i think im pretty safe, and i never leave it at the cinema as the works van is safer bet

Sorry but I've heard enough horror stories to know that what you have said isn't the case most of the time. I agree with what Hasnic is saying, last thing you need is some angry bloke with a sledge hammer in your bedroom.

I'd rather put the keys in a safe place downstairs.

Agreed, keys out of sight but easy to find is the best bet. It may help an opportunist getting away with your car, but it might also save a gang coming upstairs, threatening you & giving you a kicking - which does happen

I have had a tracker fitted to my CTR GT it did not bring the insurance down much but at least you have peace of mind that if it is nicked you will should get it back with out it being in a police chase and with a bit of luck no damage

IMO that's awful advice, sleep with them under your pillow and risk them coming to you to get them, with possible force used? Storing them safely in the house, away from you is better in my opinion, I would rather they take the car then put family members at risk by having to come upstairs and into bedrooms to find them.

i touched on that in a previous thread hasnic, gent very near mine had his literally brand new audi taken. they broke in had his keys and were away, only realised when he went out in the morning to get into the car (mini lulz). but he has 2 very young children and he said id rather they came in and took what they had to without involving the family.

Back