• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Aftermarket Security Options.

Post reviews/recommendations of yours here.

eg "I have a tracker fitted and...." or "I have a ...."

Idea by cragiusmaximus :wink:

Removable steering wheel or a battery isolator.

Seen a new product in development called a wheel bar... you replace a wheelnut on each wheel and then the wheel bar clamps onto them and prevents the wheel from rotating.

what was that tracker thing that came with a built-in battery good for 3 years and no externally visible aerial?

Dammit... can't remember the name - and would be very tempted to go for it

Shackbleep said:
what was that tracker thing that came with a built-in battery good for 3 years and no externally visible aerial?

Dammit... can't remember the name - and would be very tempted to go for it

I think they all have an invisible aerial and back up battery.

Bowen_031205_049.jpg

Post reviews/recommendations of yours here.

eg "I have a tracker fitted and...." or "I have a ...."

Probably best if you don't post up info about trackers you may / may not have fitted to the car! :confused:

- Kevin.

trackstar is good, I looked into it for my car. But like most trackers, you have to notify them the car is stolen for them to activate the tracker. Problem is, the car could be long gone by them.

I'd go for prevention rather than retrievel or both

Is there no way of getting a tracker that activates once the car has been breached/used without the use of an official key?

Problem is many cars are stolen by ppl breaking into your houise and getting the keys. If that happens you could be stuffed. You'd have to keep the trackster part seperate which I'm sure most ppl don't do.

I didnt know thats how most cars are stolen. I would be pretty certain my keys wouldnt get stolen because of where they are. I will think about this.

anybody used clifford alarms the cat 1 that comes with the type r is pretty poor an im sick of waking up with daft things taken of my ctr recently they stole my aerial how bad must things be to take that the thieving scum bag.

anybody used clifford alarms the cat 1 that comes with the type r is pretty poor an im sick of waking up with daft things taken of my ctr recently they stole my aerial how bad must things be to take that the thieving scum bag.

locktite FTW.

just original alarm that came with the car it isnt good an i want to have peace of mind so im thinking of a clifford alarm i tried toad on my evo but it went off all the time for no reason

Back