• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Your tyre reviews

Scousefella

Mental for Oriental
Post your comments and reviews in here including price, longevity, brand etc. :D

I have just bought a pair of Avon ZZ1's for £50 quid (new) on ebay. I will have them fitted on Monday and post a review in good time. 8)

Bridgestone RE040: 205 45 17

Excellent Dry tyre, i dont think many tyres can compete with them in the dry. The grip is superb, but they are very dangerous in the wet or icy conditions.

I have slide the whole car at 20mph round a normal turn.

Noise level: High

Pirelli's P Zero's 205 45 17

Very good all rounder. Personally i think the sidewall was a bit soft for the ctr. Apart from that cant fault them

Noise Level: Med/High

toyo t1-r fitted to rear (oem front)

car is now a lot more twitchy on the rear - you get a lot more feel but ultimately feels like there is less grip at the limit - all conditions.

Could be partially due to the oem fronts, but prob a softer sidewall?

I actually prefer them as they tell you more of what is happening, and add to the fun factor (£122 each fitted)

interested to know what others think if they have them fitted

smithers said:

car is now a lot more twitchy on the rear - you get a lot more feel but ultimately feels like there is less grip at the limit - all conditions.

I actually prefer them as they tell you more of what is happening, and add to the fun factor (£122 each fitted)

You're running a rubbish set-up there as the front and rears are so different it will make the car really unbalanced.

On the other hand I'm running Advan Neova LTS AD05 on my DC2, best tyre i've ever used nuff said.

Nest tyre i used on the CTR were the Parada Spec 2, lasted longer than the RE040, gripped harder in all conditions, stiff sidewalled and suited the car to a T.

I know, but just need to wear out the bridgestones to be replaced - 12k miles on the rear and they still had 8mm left on them...

Hankook K104s

Hankook K104s

So far so good, a little softer ride, much better wet handling and much much quieter. Changed all 4 for 60 quid a corner, good riddance Re040 pots.

I will keep you posted on how they wear.

Oooh I didn't notice this thread before, I've had lots of tyres on my CTR!!:

Bridgestone Potenzas
Very slippery when wet - oooh er :wink: I didn't feel confident with these tyres on my car at all, althought they lasted to well over 20k miles.

Falken ZE512 - £140 for the pair incl. fitting, valves, balancing and VAT.
I put two of these on the front of my car when the Potenzas wore away - they had much better grip but were completely worn after 6 months.

Continental ContiSportContact 2 - ALL FOUR WERE FREE - let's just say it's not what you know it's who you know :wink:
Fantastic tyre particularly in the wet. I put these on about a year/10k miles ago and I've just replaced the two front ones with...

Toyo Proxes Z1R - £85 each incl. fitting, valves, balancing and VAT.
So far so good, I haven't really pushed the car too hard because of the weather but they're a very nice looking tyre - if that's not a weird thing to say :? The only reason I didn't replace the Continentals with the same was money - but from everyones elses comments I don't reckon I've made a bad choice 8) :D

Toyo Snowprox - £90

Winter tyres. Well worth considering in harsher climates. Very impressed with the grip in Snow, Ice and Rain. Fantastic in the dry too but they tend to smell a bit after some "hardcore" driving. Soft compund so wear quickly - about 50% is gone after 6000 miles.

smithers said:

Smithers, can you have a read of this when you have a spare min?
http://type-r-owners.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10250

Is this what your T1-Rs felt like?

Cheers

Bridgestone Potenzas RE 01's - 215 / 45 / 17

Loads of dry grip and a very stiff side wall, i've not really pushed it in the wet so i can't comment there.

Andy

tyre review

nankan ultra sport 2's

these were fitted by dealer befor purchase last month

they are twitchy noisy not very grippy and side walls are made of jelly

please do not be tempted by price they are poo :!:

only done 1k on them and they are going on pay day

going to treat my car to the rubber it truly deservs

prada's :D :D

Thanks to those lovely folks at Yokohama, I have just fit a set of parada Spec2's. 215.35.18.

All I can say is 'WOW'

WOW!

<deadpan>

G.

So based on price, longevity and brand as to what Scouse' has said, do you feel that the Parada Spec-2 would be a good choice for the 17'' owners like myself? I take it that you are suitably impressed with them so far?

</deadpan>

:D

(deadpan)

Indeed, as I intemated above, I am fully convinced that the inherent stability of said tyre both promotes rapid changes of vector, whilst increasing driver confidence via improved steering feel. Concordently superior traction due to the sticky planier surface, stiffer sidewall reducing lateral deformation under heavy cornering load and greater stability during the rapid reduction of forward momentum.

All in all I can heartily recommend the Yokohama Pada Spec2 as the
car/road interface of choice for the discerning driver.

:D

Re: Your Tyre Reviews.

Scousefella said:
I have just bought a pair of Avon ZZ1's for £50 quid (new) on ebay. I will have them fitted on Monday and post a review in good time. 8)

Come on then Carl where is it? :lol:

G, you are a star!

Thank you for your review and the Journal of Physics D (Applied Physics) style of answer. An eloquent, yet expressive, conclusion only understood by such geeks as ourselves. :oops:

I have put these tires onto my shortlist. I wish to change but I am too scared to part from the RE040's as I do not want to be left with a tyre that I do not like. I continue to research before I execute my experiment.

:smt023

Federal 205/45/17

Been running these tyres for over 3 years now, and running them with a supercharged car for over a year, for the price they are a decent tyre please note I mention decent, in the dry they offer good grip prob not as much as the RE40 but still decent, in the wet they are only a bit better than the RE40

they have a VERY soft sidewall, and I would not recommend them for high spirited driving.

for Drag Racing they are the best Road Tyre I have used due to the soft wall.

I only use these tyre for economics, as I go through tyres very fast, so far I have had to change tyres every year after about 10k miles on the front only

But this wear pattern is accelerated due to drag racing use

Tarticus said:
I only use these tyre for economics, as I go through tyres very fast, so far I have had to change tyres every year after about 10k miles on the front only

But this wear pattern is accelerated due to drag racing use

Thats still not a fast as my fronts wear :lol:

I got Yoko AVS Sports on the Teg & can not fault them @ all!!!!

I can't compare them to any other tires, as I have only driven the Teg on these, but wouldn't hesitate to replace em like for like. :D

Back