• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Your tyre reviews

Just looking for some advice. Need to change my front tyres. I have the FN2 with 19inch rage alloys think the size is 225/35/19/y. I was looking at the goodyear eagle f1but they are about £275 each. what are people using on the 19inch rage? I was looking at a price of about £150 each. Can any one help?

Thanks

Thanks Loxy. Is camskill.co.uk a trusted site? And do you know if the F1 are different to the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2s then?

My cars sitting on Yokohama proxes and they are great in the dry they seem good so far on the wet but not really pushed it that much. General look is great aswell. Only thing I'm not sure in is correct psi for them.

Yokahama Parade Race Spec 2 Road tyre 215/40/17 £83.17 on eBay
Grip in dry is outstanding not to bad in wet. No noise and last around 10k miles. Really really good tyre

Don't know if this is me being a dumb ass,but i can't seem to find anyone selling RE040's anywhere well not the correct size anyway found some 215's but i want 205's. I've looked on black circles and cams kill? Just want an idea of prices really because my front RE040's could do with being replaced soon.

About to get these put on! AGAIN! I'd say they are the best road tyres available at the moment! Cost £117 each from camskill plus £20 delivery. Bring on the summer!
Also found some 595rsr reduced from £111 to £92 inc VAT on camskill..
photo_zps1f1793bf.jpg

Michelin super sports.

So far so good, going to get some better miles under them at the weekend.
Went for a drive tonight after work & It's like night & day with the grip & feedback levels in comparison to the RFs. NOW it feels like a GP.

Good choice Lee. They are one of the tyres I'm considering for the Evo however I think I'm going to go for Advans in the end.

Still on my 452s, but after going sideways round a roundabout I think they may need changing soon :lol:

Choosing new tyres

Hi,

Apologies that this has been done to death.

My first question: The standard size is 205/45/17, currently my car is fitted with 215/45/17. Should I go back to 205 or is it a common upgrade to change to 215 for a wider profile (more grip?)

Secondly, my budget is about £500 for a set of 4 tyres. I would like approximately 10,000 miles, fast road use with occasional track days. I've heard that Bridgestone RE050A's are good, as are AD08 Yokohama's. Could anyone confirm good tyres within my spec?

Thanks for you input in advance.

Back