• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Your tyre reviews

Hankook K104s still wearing just fine after 5K miles, seem to be lasting better than the Re040s so well pleased at half the cost, half the noise, none of the droning and 10 times the wet grip. Slightly less pointy but then again I am not racing the thing, just normal A&B road spirited driving :wink:

Kumho Ecsta KU31:

Dry grip: 7/10
Wet grip: 7/10
Sidewall flex: 6/10 (1 = jelly - 10 = stone)
Tread wear: 9/10
Value for money: 7/10 (£63 per corner)
Road noise: 8/10 (1 = Deafening - 10 = Silence)

Overall: 7/10

What am i trying next?

Either:

Yokohama Parada Spec 2's

or

Bridgestone Potenza RE050 (supposedly brilliant in the wet and no tramlining - got to be worth a shot).

BigRed said:
Hankook K104s still wearing just fine after 5K miles, seem to be lasting better than the Re040s so well pleased at half the cost, half the noise, none of the droning and 10 times the wet grip. Slightly less pointy but then again I am not racing the thing, just normal A&B road spirited driving :wink:

I'll second this.
Had mine on for about 4-5000 miles and they seem to be wearing well.
Grip is much better in the wet than the RE040's.
I will probably stick to this brand come renewal time.

hothatch said:
BigRed said:

I'll second this.
Had mine on for about 4-5000 miles and they seem to be wearing well.
Grip is much better in the wet than the RE040's.
I will probably stick to this brand come renewal time.

Me too mate - well impressed with them.

Just got a couple of Hankook 104s on the back. Looked like a good tread and they seem to have some good reviews.
Only done approx 500 miles on them, but they seem fine considering all the wet weather we've been having recently. Not driven them hard yet though.

Kumho Ecsta KU31:

Dry grip: 7/10
Wet grip: 7/10
Sidewall flex: 6/10 (1 = jelly - 10 = stone)
Tread wear: 9/10
Value for money: 7/10 (£63 per corner)
Road noise: 8/10 (1 = Deafening - 10 = Silence)

Overall: 7/10

I am also running on these. I agree although have had a couple of hairy moments in the wet (due mainly to my heavy right foot ;)). Have had these tyres on since I bought the car, so can't really compare.

Where next? Toyo's?

Not really a review just a short summary of the Hankook sport tyres...

(205/45/17)

Had them on my car 3 months now, terrible in the wet, slides all over the place!! Not too bad in the dry though, wish I had paid a bit extra and got some new Continentals like what came on the car when it was new!

I get around 8k miles out of my front tyres. Costs me a bleeding fortune. Stuck with the Bridgestone Potenzas as they seem good in the wet and we do get our fair share of rain here in Sheffield!

i bought my car with potenza's on. must be the worst tyre i have ever drove on.
got rid of them and went onto eagle f1's, they are brilliant in the wet and also good in the dry, maybe not best at wear, get around 8k on front.
they get hot and sticky tho.
pay around £95 mark.
will be replacing them like for like if i can still get hold of the same tread pattern eagles, heard the new pattern is a bit poo!

but just my opinion, haven't tried any other tyres on ctr.

Toyo Proxes 4s

Dry Grip 8/10
Wet Grip 7/10
Lifespan 7/10 (10000 miles)
Value 8/10 ( 205/40/17 - £107.99 a pair)
Road Noise 5/10

Gotta say very impressed with these tyres , i will definately use them again.
Although paradas are tempting.

Just fitted yoka parada's today. Much better comfort than goodyear eagle f1... but... they are 215 wide and 40 profile which makes the tyre slightly deeper, so that's what i put the better ride down to.

Will see how they wear and if i will stick to them come renewal time.
They will have their work cut out to beat eagle's in the wet IMO.

Just fitted yoka parada's today. Much better comfort than goodyear eagle f1... but... they are 215 wide and 40 profile which makes the tyre slightly deeper, so that's what i put the better ride down to.

Will see how they wear and if i will stick to them come renewal time.
They will have their work cut out to beat eagle's in the wet IMO.
Any news on how you think the Parada's are in the wet?

well i got the prada spec2's for front and they been amazing but cnt really tell how good as still got some federal **** on the back and they got the worn inside egde.

goin to wait til i got the pradas worn down and get 4 mor of the prada's prob goin to stay with the 205 but going to get the 40 profile instead of 45 as they are like £30 cheaper.

also got the adjustable rear arms so hopefully my tyres wont wear on inside edge this time too

i hav had worse than these in the wet, but because of the tread pattern, any deep water to go through, it pushes the car right!
i haven't got my camber done yet so dont know for sure what they will handle like, but at the moment, they are unpredictable and worse than goodyears!!!

mine was fine in the floods at morpeth on the a1 :D and never aqua planed once on way to newcastle and back again when it was pishing it down

Back