• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Your tyre reviews

you dont get the rain we do lol! could be down to my camber been out. so cant say they do that for definate!

Ive got a full set of Kumho ecsta spt ku31 on my CTR and in my opinion their far better than the potenza's i had before, i paid £200 for the set off camskill.com and £80 to have them fitted and laser tracked. They have worn completely evenly and after 5000 miles the fronts are just passed half worn and the rears havnt worn much at all.
Very good tyres!!!

My two fronts were rubbish and don't even know what make. Tracking & alignment was so far out it looked like four wheel steering!

Had 2 new P Zero Nero's on since sat and can happily say i love them already, can floor it in second in the wet and it doesn't even spin. Wet grip is brilliant!

Would definatly reccommend. Just need the money for the rear's now!

Had 2 new P Zero Nero's on since sat and can happily say i love them already, can floor it in second in the wet and it doesn't even spin. Wet grip is brilliant!

Ah that's good news then Chris, I might go down the same route next winter, just have to see how long they last.

I had 4 Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 fitted a couple of saturday's back. Really happy with them, great grip in both the dry and wet:)

Would 100% reccomend

How much did they set you back?

My P Zero's were about £90 a corner. They seem to absorb bumps really well. just need to see how long they last

They cost £555 all in mate, but i get discount so they'll be dearer than that. Worth it though:)

Ive been running Toyo Proxes T1R's on the front (205/45/17) and Toyo Proxes 4's (205/40/17) on the rear for the last 250 miles or so now. I'm not sure if this will cause any problems later on, with running the two profiles on the same car but time will tell. I already had the Proxes 4's which came off my old civic which was written off so I thought I'd save myself a bit of cash and stick them on my EP3. The T1-Rs on the front are brand spankers as I didnt want to deal with my speedo being out. I'm guessing the ride would have been a bit nasty too - my last civic used to crash and bang over potholes.

I had some Bridgetone Potenzas on there when I bought it about 3k miles ago and they were diabolical! Now we've been gettin more wet weather and the roads are covered in that oil/salt slick, it was impossible to make progress without spinning up the tyres. The tyres were even spinning at the VTEC crossover in 3rd gear. Not good at all!

Since I've been running my new tyres the car has been completely transformed. The ride is now 10 times better even though the rear tyres are 40's and they are loads comfier and give much, much more confidence when giving it the beans. I'm well impressed! :smt023

Ive got a full set of Kumho ecsta spt ku31 on my CTR and in my opinion their far better than the potenza's i had before, i paid £200 for the set off camskill.com and £80 to have them fitted and laser tracked. They have worn completely evenly and after 5000 miles the fronts are just passed half worn and the rears havnt worn much at all.
Very good tyres!!!

Tend to agree as I also went for Kumho's which are wearing well, paid £140 for two fitted, only disadvantage over the bridgestones is the protector rim which is too small on the Kumho's

My Potenza's lasted 12k miles on the front and 24k miles on the back and wore evenly through out. Replaced them with 4 new Pirelli P Zero's. Fronts lasted 7k miles and are now just barely legal. Strange thing is, one of the rear tyres are near enough new, and the other rear is worn as much as the fronts!!:eek:

Leaving me with 3 badly worn tyres and one nearly brand new tyre. How is this possible, seeing that the Bridgestones wore evenly?? No tracking was done between tyre changes either...

Leaving me with 3 badly worn tyres and one nearly brand new tyre. How is this possible, seeing that the Bridgestones wore evenly?? No tracking was done between tyre changes either...

Roundabouts perhaps??

The Bridgestones may have a bigger tolerance to cornering than your new ones.

Tracking is out, get the geometry checked. I always do this when fitting new tyres, might be a bit OTT but always seems to help.

Roundabouts perhaps??

The Bridgestones may have a bigger tolerance to cornering than your new ones.

That is a good question. I did move home since the last tyre change and follow a different route of 15 miles through London to work and 15 miles back. No real motorways, so I suppose it could be that.

Tracking is out, get the geometry checked. I always do this when fitting new tyres, might be a bit OTT but always seems to help.

I don't really see how this can be the case. Nothing has changed since I put the new tyres on apart from me moving home and having a journey twice as long to work everyday.

And besides, although the tyre is worn, it's not worn unevenly or to one side.

I'm in the Yokohama Parada Spec 2 stable. Amazing tyres for the CTR.

I originally had Pirelli PZero Asymetrics and they were very good but then I changed the rears to Parada Specs around 12 months ago and just two weekends ago had the fronts done with Parada Specs as well.

These are fantastic tyres in the dry and despite what some say, brilliant in the wet. Now I am not too stupid so I don't ever drive over progressively in the wet anyway but these are very assured tyres (especially in the recent snow/slush/ice). Grip is phenomenol and where others were sliding down hills over the past few days the CTR gripped and gripped and gripped. Cannot wait until the summer arrives as this is where the tyre works best.

The below is my opinion only:

Grip (wet) - 8/10
Grip (dry) - 10/10
Noise (fairly noisy) 6/10
Comfort (not the most comfortable) - 6/10
Longevity (rears have done 10,000 miles and are still 90%) - 9/10
Style/look (tread pattern) - 10/10

Ive been running Toyo Proxes T1R's on the front (205/45/17) and Toyo Proxes 4's (205/40/17) on the rear for the last 250 miles or so now. I'm not sure if this will cause any problems later on, with running the two profiles on the same car but time will tell.

My local garage (Central Tyre) refused to fit different profile tyres on the front and back. Said they wouldn't want to be responsible if I had an accident and they didn't know how it would affect the ABS, etc.

I thought this was a load of @R$3 myself and I lost £10 having to send 2 tyres back to blackcircles... Eagle F1 asymetrics as well 215/40/17. Ended up getting RE040s again as they were the same price on the existing tyre size (£115 each fitted and balanced 205/45/17). Rotating wheels now so I can replace the whole lot in one go. :evil:

Well Ive been running my 205/40/17 proxes 4's on the rear since 19th Dec '08 and have yet to have any issues. The recent snow got the ABS was working hard to keep me from locking up, so defo no problems there. Doesn't often kick in during normal conditions.

I'd recommend rear 40's to anyone wanting to shave a few squid off their new tyres. The ride is probably a bit more bumpy, but its such a small difference its hard to tell to be honest.

Back