• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Not looking forward to insuring my car in the UK :shock:

Welcome to the Uk Chris :evil:

My premium should be £750 in March if it makes you feel better :wink:

Scousefella said:
I suppose I should move this to Insurance seeing as the Forum Owner can't use his own forum sections correctly. :wink:

Well Mr Scouse - I'll have you know it was not meant to be an insurance thread :wink:

Will try A-Plan again. I'm not sure if the camp postcode in Blandford is a high risk area so I will try my home address as well.

No - my home addy is coming out as an average of £200 more expensive.

On to Green Light.

milano_chris said:
Scousefella said:
I suppose I should move this to Insurance seeing as the Forum Owner can't use his own forum sections correctly. :wink:

Well Mr Scouse - I'll have you know it was not meant to be an insurance thread :wink:

Will try A-Plan again. I'm not sure if the camp postcode in Blandford is a high risk area so I will try my home address as well.

8) 8) :lol: :lol:

Right I've noticed that when I list my mods on the on line sites it asks me to call a number as they can't quote me on line, will this mean that the final quote is without on line saving?

Welsh-Rich said:
monkey boy kev said:
milano_chris said:
£1501.35 from Elephant but without mods declared and 10 month Bonus Accelerator. Not sure what that means but it will be more with mods.

Lloyds was no mods either! Will try some of the others later on toda

Bonus Accelerator means that you get another yrs No Claims bonus after 10 mnths. :D :D

Please be carefull with this....some insurance companies don't accept these bonus accelerator years as a proper 1 years NCB. Worth checking with the insurance company first if it will be a tranferable NCB after 10months :wink:

I was concerend about this before i started the policy as i had been told the very same but they assured me that IF i wanted to leave them after the policy ran out they would prvide me with a NCB document basically proving that i have 'X' amount of NCB to give to another company.

I hope they haven't stiched me up :evil: :evil: :evil:

monkey boy kev said:
Welsh-Rich said:
monkey boy kev said:
milano_chris said:
£1501.35 from Elephant but without mods declared and 10 month Bonus Accelerator. Not sure what that means but it will be more with mods.

Lloyds was no mods either! Will try some of the others later on toda

Bonus Accelerator means that you get another yrs No Claims bonus after 10 mnths. :D :D

Please be carefull with this....some insurance companies don't accept these bonus accelerator years as a proper 1 years NCB. Worth checking with the insurance company first if it will be a tranferable NCB after 10months :wink:

I was concerend about this before i started the policy as i had been told the very same but they assured me that IF i wanted to leave them after the policy ran out they would prvide me with a NCB document basically proving that i have 'X' amount of NCB to give to another company.

I hope they haven't stiched me up :evil: :evil: :evil:

they have to provide you with proof of your NCB (the last company you are with)if you ask for it, it's standard practise.

good luck with the cost mate, won't be nice will it.

zeffania said:
Chris, why is it so much compared to Germany?

I've just been working it out and I'm paying 218 Euro's a month over here, which is about £1800 a year. Never realised it was that much :roll: :lol:

milano_chris said:
zeffania said:

I've just been working it out and I'm paying 218 Euro's a month over here, which is about £1800 a year. Never realised it was that much :roll: :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock: OMG

are you as bad as dotty with points?

zeffania said:
milano_chris said:
zeffania said:

:shock: :shock: :shock: OMG

are you as bad as dotty with points?

No, but the CTR is in a very high group in Germany. One of the cars that get's stolen a lot here. It's equivelent to UK group 19 iirc.

I've got 3 points awarded in 2003.

LOL Zef I did a quote with Direct line last night and it came to £711 for a CTR and £1048 for a scooby P1 :twisted:

dotty said:
LOL Zef I did a quote with Direct line last night and it came to £711 for a CTR and £1048 for a scooby P1 :twisted:

LOL, sorry mate I just couldn't get over the cost of what Chris was quoted.
That seems mental, I didn't pay that much when I was 21

Chris - I'll drop ya PM this evening with some details of a Co. that a pal of mine works for.

Gotta be worth a call mate & if you have some joy we can put it in the right section :wink:

SpaceMonkey said:
Chris - I'll drop ya PM this evening with some details of a Co. that a pal of mine works for.

Gotta be worth a call mate & if you have some joy we can put it in the right section :wink:

Cheers mate. Much appreciated.

dotty said:
milano_chris said:
£1374 with mods is my latest!

Getting better!

Who was that with?

Direct Chauffeur Line.

Space Monkey gave me the number - one of his mates works there!

£500 excess though but I'm not too bothered about that.

Back