• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Manchester again

The worst place for Car jacking in the UK ? I think so...

:shock:

ThePosh said:
Not been posting here for a while, but some of you may have seen this from nearly 2 years ago:

http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=22514

Well, after all the hassle I still got another CTR. Driving home tonight I noticed a crap car following me with 2 blokes in it.

Reach the set of lights on Bury New Road (the one with the big McD's on it) and stop in the traffic.

Sitting there minding my own a glance in my mirror and notice there was only 1 person in the car behind - and now he is wearing a blaclava. Quick glance in the driver wing mirror and his mate is creeping up the side of my car!!! He tries my door (locked though) so he tries to break the glass with a wrench or something similar. Meanwhile I slot it into first and shoot off.

Police were excellent again though (although not sure what they can do).

Watch yourselves around the Manchester area chaps and chapettes.

Need to have some words with the MD tomorrow. Think its time for a diesel :cry:

Posh

Gotta pitty the bloke, having one CTR jacked and another attempted car jacking.

It's always Manchester isn't it, I don't get any hassle when I drive in to Liverpool !

:shock: Poor guy, that's very unlucky, even living in Mankchester.

You have to feel sorry for him......I'd be too scared to drive there again if it happened to me twice :shock:

Welsh-Rich said:
You have to feel sorry for him......I'd be too scared to drive there again if it happened to me twice :shock:

I was on a course there this week. After reading the many many many stories on various car forums (Manchester crops up on Scoobynet and MLR) I decided to use my old dears shitty fiesta to get there. Leaving my CTR parked safe and sound at home 8)

Back