• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bolton - Greater Manchester - Home Invasion

Taken from CTRO

garypaul said:
Right guys that is getting like bleedin' South Africa.

My wife came home from her show rehearsal this Monday visibly shaken by what she had just heard and seen.

Her friend lives in Bolton (West Houghton I think) on Friday night (13/1) at approximately 20.00pm her front door was kicked in by men in balaclavas using screwdrivers as weapons. Her husband managed to stop them coming through the front door whilst she phoned the police ( and was told we will be there in 15 minutes - FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

These scum then went round the back of the house and smashed the patio door in using a wheelbarrow, her husband took a bit of a hiding and they dragged her downstairs by her hair. My wife saw her friend had massive bruises all down her side and a suspected cracked rib. The scum then got the keys and drove off in her silver 03 plate.

My other half is tiny and drives our car on her own at night and the does the daily commute to manchester in the car. This affected her so much that she no longer felt safe driving the car, luckily i have just become eligible for a company car so although I wasn't planning on getting rid of the type r until June I've brought this forward and sold it to used car dealer today. Much as I love the car, I love my wife more.

If you own a CTR in or around Manchester take the upmost of care, this has to be the CTR car jacking capital of the UK by a frikkin mile ! :shock:

These fecking people need their balls chopped off. Scum of the earth.

GaryPaul

Really sorry to hear this mate... Can't believe thats happened to your wife's mate :shock: You'll have to let us know what you get next mate, got used to seeing the Cosmic beast on my way to work each morning. You've done the right thing imo, especially if you're getting a company car mate...

Cheers Millsey

I am looking round the stealers this weekend - will probably be something diesel given the company car tax (Golf Gti make get a look in but would need to see how the missus would feel about driving it) maybe an Audi A3/A4 or BMW 120d or 320d msport.

Not a good state of affairs. :x

This seems to happen more and more in the Manchester area.

If I lived there I would invest in a black jack system and Tracker :twisted:

Fortunatley for me something like this would never happen as they would have to get past an armed guard to get to me :)

W@nkers :evil:

Back