• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Garage help

First off this forum is working fine.

whoever my forum isnt, and was wondering if someone could help me

I have the phpbb garage installed, We have a few members with more than one car in it. Now we all know that this displays ur car under you avatar, but it will only display one, any way i can get it to display both cars?

Al would be the guy to offer better advice as he installed and customised the garage here. If the garage does not display multiple cars under your avatar as standard I'd imagine you'd need to add some additional code to extract all cars from the garage table for a particular user and make provisions for displaying them in the 'view topic' code of the phpbb codebase...

I'll shut up as I haven't seen the code and I could be talking absolute tosh!

hmmm...this would be a right pain to code as its passed to the .tpl file using variables you would need to create a set of variables for each car which would mean knowing how many cars (e.g. make1, model1 then make2, model2 etc etc). You'd obviously be better using arrays instead of vars but its a major recode!
Might be worth getting in touch with the original author, Poyntesm.

actually, when I think about it I'm not sure you can pass the vars into a .tpl file using an array, so you'd need to add code into the .tpl file to generate the text and links instead of passing it from the .php file

didnt think it would be easy...Will put a request in for author to add it in.

Thanks anyway people 8)

Back