• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TRO - How To... Series

TRO How To... Series

---------------------------------

Hi, guys 'n' gals.

Judging from the activity in this forum the How To guides are quite popular and receive a fair amount of views. As a result I've decided to 'collate' the guides and present them as part of a growing series of articles. This involves taking the existing articles and revamping / presenting them in what - hopefully - results in a better looking article for the reader.

Importantly the success of these guides is governed by you gentle-folk. Why? Simple. Because you are the ones who have initially created these excellent guides and made them available to the rest of the TRO community. I'm simply taking your fantastic efforts and presenting them in a common framework (as used by the homepages).

All work is still credited to those who write and submit the guides and I encourage you to still carry on doing so. Ideally I'd like this to grow into a large reference collection of articles aimed at mod's / repair / maintenance / etc. with the emphasis being put on the DIY aspect of any work you may decide to undertake or try.

So - please - if you see one of your guides disappearing temporarily from this section then please do not worry. It's most likely the case that I'm currently working on it and adding it to the growing series of guides. :smt023

The currently available guides are presented above.

Cheers,
Andy

I'll do one for the DC5 brakes soon. Should have done the whole "how to change discs and pads) yesterday but I forgot to take pictures.

Same here, just when i needed to find where all the bolts holding in the headlights are :evil: :(

There are 4, 2 at the top of the light, one on the outside bottom and a hidden one on the inside bottom edge (you will need a socket extension to get to this one).

Same here, just when i needed to find where all the bolts holding in the headlights are :evil: :(
Found this in the service manual... may be of help...

headlight.jpg

I should imagine they will be roughly the same place as the DC5. Two visible at the top and two under the bumper. One at the side and one at the front but right at the back of the light :rolleyes:.

<edit> only just seen the two posts above. I was right as always though.

They're old links (2006). The forum has been upgraded a few times since then.

Just try doing an advanced search on the How To section.

Can anybody hit me up with a link to a thread I came across recently and cannot find any longer; was about cleaning the engine bay. Showed what products to use and which electrical parts to waterproof before you start foaming up the engine etc? Probably a terrible description been bugging me that I can't seem to find it again!

Also; the links on the first page of this thread don't seem to be working, or to me they aren't at least.

Back