• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

important FAO for elephant/tesco/admiral insured peeps.

If you have a look at the section 10 stuff in my earlier post, they will take any monies owed to them from the settlement. So if you'd only paid for 6 months they'd deduct the other 6 months worth of payments from the amount they pay to you.

WRumbled said:
If you have a look at the section 10 stuff in my earlier post, they will take any monies owed to them from the settlement. So if you'd only paid for 6 months they'd deduct the other 6 months worth of payments from the amount they pay to you.

Thats well dog sh1t! Although people should really read the small print.... but who does? I know i don't.... :?

WRumbled said:

Thats really harsh! :shock: :evil:

- Kevin.

I'm sure more companies do similar.

Just had a look at a few companies. Nationwide insurance do the same and also found a few companies don't give you a hire car if your car is stolen or total loss.

It doesn't bother me that much as I have two policies, so would still be covered for third party by one or the other if I did have a total loss.

It's the cancelling the policy part if they have to pay out that sticks in the throat.

L7 KVV said:
My ins with bell runs out in two weeks (admiral company), andim tranferring it to the remainder of my elephant one.

Cant belive they are allowed to get away with that kinda practice!

I transferred my insurance over the other day.

After a whole loada crap going over details the bloke proceeded to tell me I'm not covered to drive my car to work in Northern Ireland :shock:

He had to go speak to 'his supervisor' twice before he realised that it would be physically impossible for me to commute to work without driving in NI.

Cos thats where i live!! Why must they always use far eastern call centres?

Welsh-Rich said:
moNoKnoT said:
WRumbled said:
I'm with Bell so decided to check.

Section 3, 1b, Driving Other Cars:

...We will cover you...providing...

You still have your car, and it has not been damaged beyond repair, stolen nor sold.

Haven't noted anything about the policy being cancelled yet but I'm still reading through.

This statement implies that if your car is written off (ie beyond repair) they will no longer provide cover (ie cancel the policy).

- Kevin.

Thats what it looks like to me too. Wonder if we can get A-plan here to confirm their policy? Don't have my documents with me :roll:

A-Plan are not an insurance company- just a broker Rich...Who are you insured with through A-Plan? I think it will depend on who they have insured you with....

Thankfully I have been "Quoted Happy" by the Norfolk Folk. :wink:

Not good for many peeps though. :eek:

Foxy red said:
A-Plan are not an insurance company- just a broker Rich...Who are you insured with through A-Plan? I think it will depend on who they have insured you with....

Good point Babe....I have no idea :oops: :lol:

Renewal isn't too far away anyway, so can bargain for a better price again 8)

I'm looking around now- I've tried A plan, Norwich Union, Virin, and the best so far....Direct line :shock: I'm still awaiting Tescos to come back to me- but I have a feeling it might be the same as Direct line :?

Tesco might be about £20 cheaper - I always find that, even thoguh they are pretty much the same company :roll:

Im with Tesco, as there the only one that would touch my car with mods/my age :roll:

Cant wait til i turn 19 in November. Insurance goes til March next year though i think :?

Back