• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car security?

I wanna get the Viper 500XV (2 way pager alarm) for mine but struggling to find anywhere that will do it.

Most places have said that there is currently an issue with it and DEI (Directed Electronics - parent company of Viper, Clifford, etc) have recalled it :confused:

Clifford only get a bad name because there are people fitting them that are not trained to standards, as clifford is more complicated to fit.

I got told this to when I had a clifford fitted to an old car, it was a great alarm and I never had any problems.

Guys, this may be a complete noob question but what's wrong with the standard cat 1 alarm that comes with the Type R? Just wondering if I need to get anything extra beyond a disk lock when I get mine.

The disk lock will be the "visual deterant" that could possibly make all the difference between you being or NOT being a statistic.

Just talk to a couple of Clifford dealers and ask about Anti Car Jacking devices !!!!! I've stuck a couple on mine but then again, I'm paranoid now having had the CTR pinched.

Black jack certainly seems like one of the best if you don't mind the hassle of entering a code every time you open the door/turn ignition on

Black jack certainly seems like one of the best if you don't mind the hassle of entering a code every time you open the door/turn ignition on

I would be going down that route if I had an FD2 on order ;)

They will be very tempting to the car thief..

simple - you don't tell her the code :D

You can turn the system off if you don't want ppl to know about it (when it's in the garage etc.)

Wee Man - I had a Autowatch Cat 1 fitted to the Teg when I bought it.
I looked @ Clifford, Toad etc...but friends of mine had nothing but grief with them on their cars. I.e False alarms & sensors going up the spout.

Rossi had the same Autowatch fitted on his R33 GTR too & his previous car before that.

I have nothing but praise for the alarm. It didn't false alarm once & the ONLY issue I had was the existing bonnet pin sensor was plastic & needed replacing, but that wasn't actually to do with the alarm.

I have the details of the guy that fitted mine if you'd like them?

Shizzit! Sorry only just spotted this post. :lol:

Details if you can, mate. :cool:

alarm

just need an answer for this .....i`ve got a final edition type r with standard alarm in,it has interior sensors at the back on roof. salesman only showed how to lock/open car with fob..! how do the sensors work. ie will they set alarm off if windows open and someone reaches in.? can they be turned off/on,checked book not much detail in there.!:confused: thanks for any help/advice..! also got a disc lock..size small but still spins round on wheel. but dose the job

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea I've got a small disclock too. I think there designed to spin around so that they can't be used as leverage to snap the cars steering lock. So no need to worry :)

I had a Clifford alarm on my old cabriolet a few years back, never had any problems with it and stopped some little S**ts breaking into my car a couple of times. I would definitely go with Clifford again.

Guys, this may be a complete noob question but what's wrong with the standard cat 1 alarm that comes with the Type R? Just wondering if I need to get anything extra beyond a disk lock when I get mine.
Doesn't protect the vehicle enough, few senors basic set up.. IF you do want to keep your OEM alarm just upgrade it a little, w/ fuel cut off switch and also I would move the hood latch on your car.

I think i got a pretty good set up for $500
Autopage 2way pager w/ remote start,comes w/ the works..
Hood release cable relocation
Door unlock switch bypass
Fuel pump kill switch
Starter kill is enabled
Digital Tilt Sensor
Proximity Sensor
Battery Backup

also have the option to add another siren but I think that's not needed and would just junk up the engine bay.

hire Tony Martin to watch your car :D:D it will never get nicked mate

but honest now buy one of those remote control relay's they sell in halfords and wire it to the fuel pump, hide the wires well and we all know if no fuel car goes no where, if you keep keys separate if get car jacked you could operate remote when they try to drive off and car will cut out

Last edited by a moderator:
I had put a cobra, it cost me 150€, and it has 2 volumetric sensors, directed to the front windows, and one sensor in each door/hood. I have also the original alarm too, and i put the an iron current around the wheel and the seat. When i had perfurated disks, i´m gonna put a lock on it, just as the bikes. Securit first, because my ctr it´s precious to me, and it was very expensive.

MY precious........................ :) :p

Back