• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

dragging noise from front of car

Daz

Hi,

before i start trying to explain the problem i want to say i know nothing about car mechanics so it won't be overly technical ;)

When i went out in my ITR earlier i heard a horrid noise that sounded like something being dragged underneath the car but i pulled over and had a look and there's nothing hanging down

It's mainly when i start going, low revv/slow acceleration. it also does it when i change gears

i just need some ideas so i don't sound like a complete idiot when i take it to a mechanics.

Thanks in advance :)

would it still be doing it when accelerating and not touching the clutch though?

Daz said:
would it still be doing it when accelerating and not touching the clutch though?

Yeah if it's on the way out then it won't have the holding force so will slip under any sort of power but worth getting it confirmed mate before paying out for a new clutch!

ok thanks guys, gonna phone up tomorrow to try and get someone to look at it

Simple way to check if its the clutch is to put it in forth gear and try to pull away, if it makes funny noises then its probably the clutch. Testing this way wont help though, it will reduce whatever life is left in the clutch.

Back