• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Where to get your wheels refurbished

As above, got mine done at Matrim in Weston Super mare, they did a really nice job.
Quite a long way from you though.

Hi,

Anyone in West of Scotland/Ayrshire you would recommend for refurbishing my alloy. Curbed it grrrr. Currently gloss black EP3 Honda alloy.

All the best
Scottish

Just wanted to pass a recommendation on if anyone is looking for refurbs/tyres near Sheffield to check out http://www.autodynamicsonline.co.uk/

Nice people, real enthusiasts who take a lot of pride in what they do. I went there to have my alloys refurbed and sprayed (will post pictures up at some point) in a sport silver colour I particularly wanted. They were recommended to me by Russell, a professional detailer on Detailingworld (this site and detailingworld have been amazing for a complete car noob like myself)

They were extremely careful when removing and replacing the tyres (always a good sign) and suggested rotating my front and rear tyres without me needing to prompt. The process they use is detailed on the website so I won't go into it, but the finish is stunning, much better than I expected, well worth the £65 a corner (which I am aware is not cheap). I left the car with them for a couple of days and as I was parked up next to a GT3 RS, I wasn't exactly worried about security ;) Other nice touches include them setting the pressures to the normal ep3 recommendation, then asked if I had my own preferences. Also they refused to take payment until we had had a good inspection of every wheel, the torque settings had had a final check and recommended cleaning methods for best longevity had been offered.

I obviously can't vouch for the alloys longevity as I have only just had them done, but my mate has booked his ep3 in for a wheel respray as soon as he saw mine, copying ******* that he is :)

I'm sure I've missed lots of important information but I've not really done this sort of recommendation thing before.

Edit: Oh they will happily do the FRSU, beginning with the generic, then tweaking it to your driving style.

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
Honda dealers now do an official EP3 refurbished wheel service on an exchange basis.
You order the wheels, £300 approx as far as I understand, they send them to you and you leave your wheels at the dealership for them to collect.

Mate of mine has just bought a 52 plate EP3 and the wheels needed tidying up. He's done this, got the 'new' wheels the next day and the wheels they have sent him are just like brand new ones - top quality.

Just had mine refurbished at my local plastic coaters.
Stripped, treated, primed and coated.
Also gave me spray primer/paint for the centre inserts - all for £160

Attachments

• IMG_3245.JPG
    IMG_3245.JPG
    403.4 KB · Views: 41
My Enkei's now look awful again. I don't know why the place that did it had to put so much powder coat primer on as when I manage to peel off a flake it's nearly 1mm thick. Technology must have moved on in nine years to get a better job than last time. After all, OE alloys don't suffer from paint peel for at least 10 years, and the paint seems to be much more durable from new.

Hi, anybody can recommend a good powder coating place in birmingham. Also I have bought some centre cap carbon stickers from mook on the forum. Will the centre caps also need painting or can I just remove the centre cap stickers off and do a straight swap with the carbon ones as 1 of the wheel conpanys is saying they are not going to apply the stickers on as it's the customers job to sort centre cap stickers out. Do the stickers usually require a lacquer over for them to stick properly...?Cheers haz

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Back