• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Where to get your wheels refurbished

Anyone know if Wicked Wheels are still based in Crawley as I can't find anything on their website to confirm the address? If they are I may nip down there tomorrow and see what they quote for mine to be tidied up!

i`m going for pxwheels on ebay. £240 inc delivery, they send u up a refurbed set and u send them your shagged ones.
I already had wickedwheels round, they don`t do sandblasting :(

i`m going for pxwheels on ebay. £240 inc delivery, they send u up a refurbed set and u send them your shagged ones.
I already had wickedwheels round, they don`t do sandblasting :(

ive heard some bad stories about these sending buckled rims out

Hmm, i've not read the whoole thread but i had mine done at a little place not too far from Hemel Hempstead.

http://www.wheelrefurbishing.com/

Prices were very good (i paid cash mind you) workmanship was quite simply awesome, and thay turned my scabby old wheels into something special. (But i bought them cheap, as i saw the potential in them.)

Unfortunately i dont have any decent close ups of them when they were in there "shabby" state.

But from this...

IMGP1721.jpg

to this...

IMGP2421.jpg

591.jpg

VERY highly recommended. I have seen a few people who ahve used cheap companies who just rattle can wheels - only for the tyres to be changed and take all the surface off! im on my 3rd set of tyres since the refurb and still not a mark on them.

Rages kerbed- gutted

Anybody know of a decent refurb place near Farnborough?

I'm after a reputable place, as rages have a trickier finish than most.

I'd rather not get ripped off!
But on the other hand I want a decent finished!

Has anybody had any experince with wicked wheels or any other local wheel refurber?

Friend of a friend works for them, he used to do cash in hand but not any more :( From what i know the works not bad at all but they are from the cheapest place! Mind you, as the saying goes, get what you pay for.

I HIGHLY recommend going that little bit further and take a trip to Flaundon where mine were done. When i was ringing round the local companies in Woking / Guildford they wanted between £50 and £70 PER WHEEL!

Top notch job, paid cash, had them back within the week. I wouldn't take mine anywhere else now.

thats a fair trek!
But if the quality is good, I'm up that way from time-to-time.

What's the company name? How much did they charge?

My wheels are only scuffed around the edge. One for about half the circumference, the other for a couple of inches.

I'm mainly worried cos alot of places talk about recoating the whole wheel (sometimes at good prices), but the rages are 2 tone and polished. I don't want the expense or chances of colour mis-match that redoing the whole wheel will bring.:confused:

id simply wait for them to corrode a little and boost it with some salty water and get them replaced under warranty ;)

Rimtock (Team Dynamics) in Birmingham have just started setting up doing wheel refurbs ;)

They will repair/straighten (within reason) any damaged wheels and also offer a custom service for the painting where they will do to owners specs :)

If anyone needs any more info drop me a line ;)

anyone recommend a good place in essex to get wheels refurbed? as some of you may or may not have noticed at JAE the wheels on my DC2 are, well, embarrassing :oops: and need doing desperately

Got my wheels done last wk at a place called "Chameleon" in renfrew!
They took a buckle out of one of them and done that good of a job you couldn't tell which wheel was buckled in the first place! They also do a same day service which is what I done.
Would recommend them to anyone wanting their wheels refurbed!
Picture012.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Is that renfrew as in paisley way in scotland?

If so how much did it cost and how long did they have the alloys for?

Back