• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New Legend

Anyone else noticed a proliferation of new Honda Legends round their way?The first one i saw was at my local stealer about 3 weeks ago. Since it was full of paperwork and had Post-its all over its dash with reminders written on, i suspect it may have been something to do with Honda UK. Not long after that, i saw one with big stickers on telling people what it is, from a non-local stealer. Then i saw a another one. All of these were silver. Then yesterday i saw a black one with the reg. plate LE56 END. I didn't much like it until then, but it looks well 'ard in black. For a car that is normally less popular than a dose of the clap, it seems to be doing quite well.

Regards

Marge

I seen one a couple of days ago coming towards me - I thought it was an Accord at first until I seen Lexus GS size proportions as it got closer!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was Black and looked quite substantial.

adamcivic said:
Should be an excellent second hand buy once the depreciation has kicked in.

Good call - a 3 year ex-lease old business exec motorway muncher, fully loaded with FHSH will be a superb buy as a spacious family car. 8)

I got the Legend DVD promo pack from my dealers last month.

It has every gadget you can think of. It has cruise control that will steer the car to keep it in the middle of the lane.

Its climate control is linked to the Sat Nav GPS. As it knows the location and direction the car is travelling in, therefore it knows where the sun is and will adjust the climate control to provide more cooling on the side of the car that gets the sun :shock:

I figured it'd be unbelievably trick. It also appears to be 4WD. I'm guessing it has either a 3 litre V6 or the i-CTDi engine. I'm quite intrigued about it TBH

Marge

Its a 3.5 V6 around 300bhp, its AWD as it transfers the power to the wheel with the most grip. With 70% switching from the front to the back depending on how hard you are driving :twisted:

300 horses! Bloody hell. Glad you told me that. I'll know not to tangle with one now. It must be quite hefty with all that kit on board though. Now i'm really intrigued. Think i might visit the stealer to find out more.

Marge

paul.goffin said:
Its a 3.5 V6 around 300bhp, its AWD as it transfers the power to the wheel with the most grip. With 70% switching from the front to the back depending on how hard you are driving :twisted:

it also switches the power between the rear wheels up to 100%.
it´s called SH-AWD or super handling all wheel drive. and I believe it is to date the most advanced 4wd system you can find in a car.
I think I read somewhere also that it has a infrared camera that whatches pedestrians and warns you if one is about to walk onto to the road in front of you.

one with everything and then some 8)

http://world.honda.com/HDTV/news/2004-4040401a/

rear SH-AWD differential.
01.jpg

Torque is split front:rear 30:70 to 70:30 through variable ratios and laterally across the back wheels left:right at 0:100 to 100:0 again through variable ratios via electromagnetic clutches.

I guess this means that under hard cornering, the outside wheel could have all the torque delivered to it to prevent it from slipping out and drive the yaw of the car to the inside line. 8)

Back