• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Insurance for supercharged CTR

NYA

:?: Right, can anyone tell me, who insures you guys with superchargers and how much roughly you pay for it. I have a CTR with no (ahem) mods, and i pay £75 a month, or there abouts. Its nearly killing me, and i really wanna supechrge mine but i need to weigh up all the costs first. Any help appreciated :D

Have a surf round the "insurance" section mate, i reackon you will see:

Greenlight
Adrian Flux
A-Plan

And many more companies quoted as giving good deals for modded type r's. When i spoke to A-Plan about modding it was all done as a % of my current premium so all down to what you pay already when you add further mods.
Cheers
AC 8)

I went with Greenlight this year as I planned on a JRSC in september this year. They're quote on my car was £300 cheaper than my current insurer and once the JRSC went on they only wanted an extra £90.

Good cover too. I've been insured with Greenlight before when i owned Impreza's and they've always been a good company, even when you have to claim which is where many brokers fail imho

Yeah I am with Greenlight and when I enquired about having a supercharger he said it would add about 10% to the policy, so in my case £70

Carl

Brentacre probably worth a try. Not that my car is mod'd or SC'd but heard good things there

Now I'm super confused haha. Maybe the guy that was spamming threads commented before me? Confused AF hahaha

Now I'm super confused haha. Maybe the guy that was spamming threads commented before me? Confused AF hahaha

He was, super spammer bumped it but I've been through and deleted all of his posts.

You know I was looking at this thinking NYA doesn't even have a CTR now too when I commented. Derp.

I'll just add I recently changed my insurance with a-plan. s/c EP3 & other mods for ~£900 full comprehensive. If may recommend speaking to Henry & the Thatcham branch.

Back