• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Refurb kit for alarm fob

It doesn't break, but I only got the car last week and was just wondering.

Thanks, any ideas on cost?

Just got a reply from them, but unfortuntely, no group buy.

However, paying £5.88 isnt really that bad is it ? ;p

Anyways, details are as follows :

I've just ordered 2 kits as i've already bought the batteries from my previous battery thread from ebay

Gary

See earlier post although it might have gone up slightly now

See earlier post although it might have gone up slightly now

Thanks mate, they just replied. And still do them, great prices.

I meant, how much would Honda charge you, to link a spare fob with the car?

So I have a spare? :)

Joe

Only recently purchased my 02 CTR - came with just 1 FOB and it's in very poor shape, can't even attach it to the keyring which is quite annoying!

Just rang Hamilton Palmer, the refurb kits are currently at £11.50 (inc VAT and p&p) and a new one is £40.25 (all inc). Honda told me if I got a new one, they'd need to program it for me for around £90 - but Hamilton Palmer told me that the new one can learn from my old one, and will post instructions!

So I ordered the both, £51.75 - im happy :)

Honda shouldn't take an hour to re-programme an alarm fob, the one near me charged half the price

My local dealer was a little brief on the phone, "Errr no more than £90" was my answer. To find out I can do it myself with an existing FOB was almost laughable though :)

Just got two for my new CTR.

Can't fault the service. I ordered them on Friday and they came on Monday.

Fitted and tested in under 10 mins.

Ive ordered a refurb kit and a new fob, nice lady told me the coding procedure is explained in a document within.

New fob from H&P £50
Coding Free

New fob form Honda £100
Coding £25

I paid my local Honda £100 I think and that was two new fobs both reprogrammed. I needed two because both of mine were useless :lol:

just ordered and received my refurb cat 1 alarm case it was a smooth quick and helpfull transaction would recommend 100%

My fobs and alarm for my DC2 are useless. I'm tempted to get a TOAD alarm fitted for £200.

Yeah I'm sure it's that one. Apparently the standard DC2 immobiliser is pretty poor, I'm not the biggest fan of it. Getting back in the car after filling up and it being seemingly random to get the car started again isn't brilliant. :lol:

Back