• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

The Cleaning Guide

I now use a blade to get the majority of water off my car before finishing my drying with a plush microfibre towel and QD. I always run my finger and thumb along the blade before I sweep it over the car to check for grit that would scratch the lacquer.

I now use a blade to get the majority of water off my car before finishing my drying with a plush microfibre towel and QD. I always run my finger and thumb along the blade before I sweep it over the car to check for grit that would scratch the lacquer.

Throughout the professional threads on Detailingworld.co.uk and most of the amateur, showroom, ones you're unlikely to find water blades used. By being meticulous you're correct that it would be most unlucky to drag a piece of grit across the paint but there's still a chance. Hence towel drying. Use whatever you are comfortable with it's just opinion I've picked up and that makes some sense.

In an ideal world there would be a super sealant that enables foam to effectively remove traffic film and bugs which when rinsed with 0ppm water would allow for a touchless wash and there would never be swirling/hologramming/RDS/hazing but until then the least aggressive contact with the clearcoat the better.

Cheers, Ian

Are there any easier, quicker guides that will not take me half a day to do? It's not that I am lazy, I jaut don't have a lot of time on my hands. What about the inside as well?

If you want to be thorough it takes time. Alternatively.

1. Take it to the eastern Europeans at the supermarket car park. Cheapish and apparently not a bad job. Might take your car for a spin while you're choosing between high fibre breads because you've not been regular recently.

2. Take it to a drive through car wash, cheap and quick but you might find the car lacks windscreen wipers and has a burnished look at the other end.

3. The full monty as per the thread, but no clay bar and no polish just a quick wax seal to finish. Something like Autoglym Deep Shine is good for this. Slow and can be expensive if you buy all the good gear, this will give you huge satisfaction when you stand up and look the car over at the end of the session with a nice cup of tea. Of course it will have still taken all morning and you'll have a bad back for a week. Not for everyone.

4. The dad wash, grab the hose, some fairy liquid and a 20p sponge. combine to remove all dirt from the car, very quick and very cheap. Might not do the paint much good and will be unprotected.

I think that's everything.

For the interior, hoover and some dash polish with a microfibre cloth will work magic. If you want to get serious with shampoos and what not I'm sure someone will be able to guide you. I've only ever used the Autoglym interior shampoo thing and that was sufficient.

hi, whats the best polish for removing scratches? i've used a few that promised results and delivered sod all!

there really isn't a 'best' product out the for anything..
by hand, meguiars swirl x can give good results (i assume you'll be hand polishing not machine polishing?..)

there really isn't a 'best' product out the for anything..
by hand, meguiars swirl x can give good results (i assume you'll be hand polishing not machine polishing?..)

Yes I'll be hand polishing! Swirl x, I'll give that a go thanks! How about scratch x? Is that basically the same thing?

scratch x is harsher, works better by machine polisher iirc. i would try swirl x first and go from there..

Auto gleam deep shine and hard work for the win.
u9upujer.jpg
eja3a9uq.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back